3.

You arrive at Spencer's house 20 minutes later. The car ride was filled with talk about the season finale of Doctor Who and your theories on what would happen next. You continued the conversation as you and Spencer got out of the car and walked up the stairs to his door. Spencer had offered to carry your bag, but you wouldn't let him. You didn't like all the chivalry stuff, you could carry your own bag.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick if that's okay with you?" Spence said as he closed the door behind you.

"Totally fine. I'm just gonna crash on that beautiful couch of yours."

Spencer laughed and grabbed a blanket and pillow for you out of the linen closet. He threw them at you, you catching neither of them.

"Thanks a lot, genius" you said, throwing the pillow back at him and turning around to put the blanket on the couch.

Spencer rolled his eyes and snuck up behind you to place the pillow on the couch. You could feel how close he was to your body and your breath hitched a little at the idea. You stood there for a second before you tensed up. It seemed Spencer could sense your change in body language as he backed away, but not before brushing his hand over the small of your back right above your ass.

Did he really just do that?

No. He couldn't have.

Right?

You stand there stupidly as he left the room, overthinking every little conversation and interaction that had ever gone on between the two of you. This is exactly why you don't do relationships. You overthink, you self-sabotage, you destroy. You liked what you and Spencer had going. Friends. You were friends.

Just. Friends.

You just wanted to fall asleep, escape your wandering mind for a little while. You went over to the couch and layed down. Sleep was the best way to avoid your problems. It had always worked in the past and it would work again now.

But it didn't work. You tossed and turned for what seemed like hours. This couch was so damn uncomfortable, no wonder Spencer offered you the bed.

You sat up and grabbed your phone. 3am. How was it only 3am? You looked down the hall to see Spencer's light flicker off.

Before allowing yourself to think about it any further, you wrapped the blanket around yourself and marched off towards Spencer's room. You knock slightly before pushing the door open and walking in to stand at the edge of the bed. Spencer seemed to have already fallen asleep in the short time it took you to walk from the couch. You stood there watching him sleep for a while. He looked so peaceful. He shifted, which scared you, and you took a small step back.

"Spencer," you whispered. He didn't stir. You moved over to the side of the bed and knelt down so you could whisper in his ear.

"Hey, Spence," you whisper again as you poke his shoulder a little bit.

"Huh?" Spencer said as he jolted awake. "Jesus, Y/N, you scared me. Is something wrong?"

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to. Nothing's wrong, I just couldn't sleep. That couch is so damn uncomfortable."

"There's a reason I offered you the bed," he lectured you.

"I figured," you said as you let out a small laugh, "would it be possible for me to take the bed?"

"Yeah totally, let me just," Spencer sits up and reaches over to turn on the light. Now that the lights were on you could see that he was shirtless. Woah. You didn't expect Spencer to have as nice of a body as he did.

"Wait, Spence, what are you doing?" you questioned after being pulled back to reality.

"Moving to the couch."

"Huh? Why?"

"So you can take the bed?" He paused to look at you, confused.

"Oh! No, I don't want you to have to sleep on the god awful couch. We could umm," you scan the room looking for solutions, "why don't we just make a pillow wall?" You look at him waiting for an answer.

"If that's okay with you." You add as an afterthought; this was his house after all.

Spencer's eyes scan your body before replying.

"That's okay with me," he says smiling, "go lay down, I'll grab us a few more pillows," he adds as he stands up and walks out of the room, back to the linen closet he had originally grabbed your blanket from.

You watch him walk out of the room, your eyes trying to take in every bit of information. You wanted to remember this moment. Once he was out of your sight, you climb into his bed and get under the covers. Moments later he returns with more pillows. He places them on the bed before getting on it himself. You grab one and place it in between you two, Spencer doing the same with the others.

"Goodnight, Spence" you say, turning to lay on your side.

"Goodnight, Y/N," Spencer says as he turns off the light.