seven

"I'm really sorry Yeonjun," Aki bit her bottom lip as she looked at him guiltily, her hands constantly fidgeting on the table.

Yeonjun sighed sadly before placing his hand on hers.

"I forgave you long ago Aki. Although, I want to know what caused you to lash out on me almost every single day," Yeonjun admitted, tears brimming from his eyes.

"I-"

"You have one and a half hours left, please move onto the next question"

Aki sighed before retrieving her hand from Yeonjun's grasp. She cleared her throat before reading the next question.

What compliments would you give to the person sitting across you?

Aki pondered for a moment before looking up from the piece of paper she was holding.

She stared at Yeonjun for a swift moment and smiled at the bittersweet memories that came rushing back to her.

"That smile," Yeonjun suddenly spoke up.

Aki snapped back into reality as her smile dropped, her scowl returning once again.

Yeonjun shook his head with a grin plastered on his face. He always loved it when Aki smiled. There was nothing better than seeing the smile of the girl he once loved.

"I've never seen that smile for so long. I believe that the first year of our relationship was the best, everything started going downhill the moment we stepped into our second year of college," Yeonjun said as he gazed at Aki, her brows creased as she listened to him.

"You made me really happy Yeonjun," Aki started off, her scowl replaced with sincerity.

Yeonjun's ears perked up at the voice of the girl sitting across him.

"I loved your patience with me, how you accepted me at my best and worst. You were really the best boyfriend,"

Yeonjun smiled slightly at the sincere words coming from his first love.

"But like every human being in the world, you weren't the best person," Aki sighed sadly as she looked up at Yeonjun, who nodded in agreement.

"Remember that one night you came knocking on my door ?"