Shattered Glass

Mason's POV

  I slowly open my eyes. I can hear sirens wailing. The window next to me is shattered and cracked. My left arm sits in my lap, burning as if it's on fire. My right hand is covered in blood. Suddenly the door swings open and paramedics bend down.
  "We're going to help you," the one says. I groan in pain and my eyes feel heavy.
  "Keep your eyes open it's okay," the same paramedic says, her black hair is tied in a ponytail.
  "What's your name?" She asks. My mouth tastes like metal, blood.
  "Mason," I manage to say. Nothing is coming to me, I don't remember what happened.
  "Mason you'll be okay," she assures. I can't even see the seats in front of me because of how badly damaged the car is. My mom and dad they were in the seats. I look over to the seat next to me looking for Matt and Michaela. Neither of them are there.
  "My brother and sister," I say.
  "The paramedics are working on them," she says. The paramedic working on me looks back at the one standing behind her, they both look over and exchange uneasy glances. I wince in pain as the paramedic puts a cloth to my forehead, when she pulls it away it's stained crimson red.
  "Let's load him on the stretcher," she orders. My arm feels like it's being hammered over and over again, I've never felt pain like this.
  "Kayla," I whisper under my breath. I need to see her and Matt. And my dad and mom, they're not here.
  "Careful!" The paramedics shout as they lift me onto the stretcher. They start to strap me on and wrap my left arm in tape. I look over at the car I was just pulled from. The entire front hood is folded inwards to the dashboard which is completely shattered. Blood is splattered across the front seats and steering wheel. They push me away from the car and I see two groups of paramedics. One of the groups move and I can see michaela's blonde hair sprawled across the pavement. As I look closer I realize they're doing CPR.
  "Michaela!" I yell. She doesn't move or answer, the paramedics push me faster and further away.
  "Michaela!" I yell again, my voice breaking and my eyes stinging with tears.
  "Please no," I say quietly.
  "They're doing everything they can," the black haired paramedic assures me. As they load me onto the ambulance I catch a glimpse of two body bags being loaded into the back of a vehicle.