Oh There's An Epilogue Right

Percy Jackson was probably a nervous mess right now. But surprisingly he wasn't. I guess being made head of your department at 26 made his nerves calm.

After a few years on the job, I guess you stop getting nervous.

A new marine biologist is coming today, and Percy had heard great things about him.

I mean, he couldn't talk to any of them animals, but he was into research on other things in the sea.

He kissed his "wife" (cough Hera cough) goodbye as she was getting ready to go to her architect firm and he ran out the door.

He hopped in his car and checked for his I.D. and money just in case and started the car.

He got to the gate, showed Agatha his ID and went to the staff parking lot and walked swiftly to the lab.

There stood his assistant, Crystal, his class of 20 students, and a blonde guy in a lab coat.

Percy had felt like he had seen him before. His green eyes looked familiar, but it didn't seem to cross his minded at that moment.

"Dr. Jackson, this is Dr. Lewis McCartney from Australia," Crystal had said.

"Nice to met you Dr. McCartn—" Percy had started.

"Call me Lewis please." Dr. McCartney insisted.

"Sure, and you can call me Percy, pleasure to meet you."

"Same here."

"I don't know how your lab is run, but here we're a bit more relaxed. Hope you're fine with that."

"That seems fine."

"Now let's begin."

———
After all the student had left, Lewis and Percy were the only ones left in the lab. Lewis had came up to Percy at some point as Percy was cleaning up some of the lab.

"I have a bit of a weird question for you. Have you ever been to Australia?" He had asked.

That's a funny question, Percy thought.

"Umm yeah, when I was 17. Why do you ask?" He had said.

"Does the name Annabeth mean anything to you?" Lewis had then asked.

This is very strange, Percy had thought.

"Yeah, Annabeth is the name of my wife, why?"

"How 'bout Poseidon?"

"Man you are freaking me out. You just named my wife and my father. Who are you?"

"Dr Lewis McCartney. We met 12 years ago when your father wanted to take my friends."

Percy's jaw dropped.

Then the flashbacks came.

The 4 tails in the cave.

The girls asking questions.

And those green eyes piercing through his soul as his father was taking those girls.

At long last he said, "Are they still mermaids?"

At long last this book is finally over.

This was an amazing book and the highlight of my year.

I can't wait for my next project.

See you soon.

Soph