The Morning

Melody Zabini looks like this ^

Hermoine's POV:

I woke up to a ray of sunshine coming through the curtains and a groan from the body beside me as the light hit his eyes. Slowly, he stood up to shut the curtains for a few moments of sleep before the kids woke up. Unfortunately, after he had gotten back into bed and wrapped an arm around my waist, we heard the sound of thudding footsteps and Gemma screaming at Scorpious about something. I turned to my husband and told him to get some sleep and I would sort it out because I knew he had finished work late last night.

Opening the door to the hall, Haley ran towards me and jumped up into my arms. Carrying the 5 year old downstairs, I could hear the shouting get louder. Reaching the final steps, I was finally able to see what caused the commotion. Gemma was soaking wet and her hair had turned rainbow, Scorpious was trying very hard not to laugh but also had an apologetic look on his face. This was probably shown because his girlfriend, Rose, was scolding him. She had moved in a few weeks ago (and everyone loved having her there) but she still stayed at her own house half the time and usually with Scorpious because they were inseparable. When I was fully downstairs, I could see that Rose was cooking for Haley (I knew this because Haley loved pancakes and always had them on a certain plate which was next to the girl and the pan that was sizzling as she poured batter onto it) and I sent her a sympathetic smile and thank you when she caught my eye. Noticing her glance across the room and her glare soften into a smile, my son slowly turned his head wincing when he noticed me tapping my foot with a an eyebrow raised. "Sorry mum...." he muttered but all I told him was "You shouldn't be apologising to me." At that point, he turned towards Gemma and said "Sorry Gemma." Gemma wasn't satisfied with that answer so she teased him with "And why are you sorry?" Scorp looked up at her with a pout and replied with "I'm sorry for turning you her into rainbow colours and waking you up by throwing water at you."

Haley had spotted Rose a while ago so when I put her down to clean Gem, she ran over and hugged Rose's legs. She then picked Haley up and sat her on one of the bar stools around the kitchen island saying "Okay munchkin, wait there while I put you pancakes on your plate." She finished plating them and turned back to the young girl. After she had passed her the plate, Rose turned to the cupboard and asked what she wanted on her pancakes. My youngest screamed "Chocolate sauce!", earning a laugh from everyone. Gemma had already gone upstairs to get ready and was just braiding her hair when she came downstairs again. I walked up behind Rose and thanked her before telling her that I needed to get the mail so I'd be back in a second. She chuckled when I told her to make sure scorp didn't do anything.

Just as I was stepping out the room, I heard the doorbell. When I opened the door, I was met with my daughter's boyfriend,James, who was basically another son like Ricky, Astoria's best friend, and like Rose, who counted as another daughter. "Oh hey James!" I greeted and he smiled before replying with "Hi! I got the mail for you, sorry I'm so early Gemma called me yesterday asking if I wanted to grab breakfast with her." He handed the mail to me and I opened the door further so he could come in. Once I yelled to Gem, she came running in. She spotted James and yelled "Babe!", running to him and jump up to hug him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and had her arms around his shoulders. He chuckled and softly smiled at her saying "Hey baby, you ready to go?".  She nodded her headed then turned to me and told me they would be coming back here afterwards. I said okay and have fun. They yelled goodbye to the others and James apparted them out because he was now able to do magic outside of school.

Author's note:
Hi everyone! I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I updated. I have been busy and spent alot of time working on my other book. I will try and get the next 2 chapters out by the end of the day. Again, I'm really sorry. Please leave your suggestions and ideas for me to hear because I would love to include them. Thanks! Bye!