2 - Detention

"You're out of breath." Draco remarked as I slowed to a halt.

"You try running from Gryffindor Tower to here after waking up from a nap!" I snark back as I entered his room.

Draco's room was always cold but right now, the cold air is helping me recover from that sprint.

I sat down on his bed as he shifted nervously around. There's something he wanted to get off his chest.

When Draco and I were young, we were inseparable. Seeing how many people hated our father, I was his only friend and he was mine.

So of course, I know when something is up with him. I know all of his looks, his moods, his tells.

When I first arrived at Hogwarts during 1st year, we gushed in awe at how big the castle was.

Coming from a long line of Slytherins, Draco and I both believed I would be placed in that very house.

That all changed the moment the Sorting Hat was placed on my head and screeched Gryffindor.

It never made sense. Even now it doesn't. We always thought we would be in Slytherin, together. But apparently, the hat had other plans.

Although it stunned us both to be placed in different houses, that didn't put too big a strain on our relationship.

Draco and I had never gone a day without speaking to each other.

I lied about the air. I'm calm now. It's freezing me from the inside.

Back on topic, though. I personally have always loved the separate groups. I'm not saying that I  hate his friends. I have an okay relationship with his friends and he with mine.

But, they're our friends. They weren't meant for both of us.

Don't get me wrong. I'd do anything to get back to how we used to be.

But that was 4 years ago. Things change. We're better for it. And I love him all the same.

Right now though, I'm standing in his cold arse dorm room, wondering why he asked me to meet him here.

"So, what do you want? I kind of was in the middle of something." I state.

I'm already ready to get back to my bed and my boyfriend. Both are cozy and inviting. Draco's keeps his room the temperature of Santa's balls and his pacing is making me nervous.

"Clearly. Due to your messy hair and your ruffled clothes, I would say Harry was in the middle of you." he said boringly.

I could feel my cheeks burn red with embarrassment from his statement.

"What do you want, Draco? You didn't call me down here to talk about my sex life. If this is about stealing your sweater, I was cold after the party-." I started before he cut me off.

He cuts me off and takes a deep breath.

"Mother requested that we attend their dinner party." Draco blurts out.

My facial expression drops as he uttered those words.

That was a lot to take in all at once. There were a lot of emotions swirling around.

I was mostly angry at the fact that a mother who barely looked out for us as kids, a mother who didn't bother to reach out to us for 2 years is requesting our present at her stuffy dinner party.

A bit sad. One does often crave their parental figures wherever they just do happen to lack them. But Lucius and Narcissa never really fit that role.

There's so much I could say in response to this. So many emotions I could allow to come to the surface to portray all of them in one.