22 - O.W.L.S.

I wake up as my alarm clock blares, hitting it to shut it up. I look over and Ron's still next to me, not surprising that he's still asleep. The man sleeps like he's dead.

I lean over him and plant a kiss to his forehead. He stirs from his sleep, his hair a mess atop his head. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Good morning." he says, his voice raspy.

"Good morning. We have to get up. O.W.L.S. are in about a hour or so." I tell him.

He groans in response and I shake my head at him as I smile.

"It's not like you're not prepared." I state.

"Yeah. You made sure of that, didn't you." Ron responds, pulling me back onto the bed.

I laugh as I softly shove his arm. He straddles me on his lap and stares at me intensely, never breaking eye contact. I begin to turn red so I bury my face in his chest.

"Did I make little Lenie blush? Merlin, you are adorable." Ron states.

I can't help but smile. What is wrong with me? Bloody hell, I'm acting like a lovesick puppy.

"Merlin, I love you." I blurt out.

"What did you say?" Ron asks.

"I said I love you but you know, as a best friend. We're best friends, right?" I stutter.

You are such a twat, Elena.

I'm trying to divert attention away from what I just said. And I realize that's just making it worse.

He mumbles something under his breath and I laugh. I'm not even sure it was funny. I just want the attention to be off of me.

I cup his face in my hands, making him look at me.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"I said best friends don't do what we did last night." he repeats, a little louder this time.

I look at him and I shrug my shoulders.

"Well, Ronald. I never said we were normal best friends." I tell him, getting up out of bed.

He groans as he reaches for his clothes and starts putting them on. Ron walks to the door and tells me he'll see me later.

He makes sure no one is in the hallway and walks out, rushing to his dorm.

Ron's POV

I sprint out of the girls dormitories and down the stairs. I make it up the stairs to the boys dormitories and go to my dorm.

I enter and see Harry and Dean getting dressed. I look over and they look at me.

"Ron, where the fuck were you last night?" Harry asks, looking at me suspiciously.

"Uh, it's a long story." I respond as I sit on my bed.

"Well, go on Harry, tell him what you did last night." Dean prompts, lightly shoving Harry.

"I shagged her." he says, very vaguely I'd like to add.

"Who's her? There are lots of girls in this school." I remind him.

"Who else? There's nobody other than Cho who finds him attractive." Dean says, ruffling Harry's hair.

"And Elena." Harry responds matter of factly.

"When are you going to give up on that? She has told you several times that it's over." Dean groans.

"She just doesn't know that she still loves me. And that's okay. I won't let her forget." Harry explains.