9 - Christmas Day

Cedric and I had been inseparable all holiday. We went to meals together, we went to Hogsmeade together, we slept together, we even bathed together sometimes.

I hadn't had this much fun at Christmas since the year I met Hermione, Harry, & Ron.

I was awakened to the feeling of the bright winter sun on my face. Rolling over, I felt the spot next to me and it was empty. I lift up in the bed and my half asleep eyes began scanning the room.

"I'm over here, Lenie." Cedric called out.

Wiping my eyes, I looked over in the direction I heard his voice coming from. Cedric was at his reading desk holding something in his hand that was most certainly not a book.

"Merry Christmas, Elena." he smiled at me.

"Merry Christmas, Cedric." I beamed at him.

I was excited to give Cedric his present because I really hoped he love it.

"Here you go." Cedric tossed me a bag.

Lazily catching it, I began to fumble with the binding.

I opened it and my eyes widened. I pulled out a charm bracelet.

It had a Hufflepuff charm, a Gryffindor charm, and both of our initials engraved in the bracelet. I looked at him and he looked back at me coyly.

"This is beautiful, Cedric. Thank you." I laughed.

I gave him a huge hug before I sat the bracelet down.

Finally getting up out of bed, I walked over to my trunk.

Pulling Cedric's gift out, I put them in my pocket before walking over to the desk.

"Close your eyes. And don't peek!" I exclaimed.

I pulled the gift from my pocket and I smile to myself.

"Okay. Open your eyes now!" I whispered.

I hand him the plane tickets and he looks at me with a bit of confusion. I don't think he's ever seen plane tickets.

"You always said you wanted to be amongst the muggles in L.A so that's where we're going! We're even traveling the muggle way. Our plane leaves tomorrow." I exclaimed.

A huge smile spread across Cedric's face as he engulfed me in a bone crushing hug.

"Ced, I need to breathe." I coughed out.

"No, you don't." he stated.

After me practically bashing his arm in, he had finally let me go. I caught my breath before continuing.

"We have our own hotel rooms. I figured we need a break from sleeping in the same bed. Plus, this trip is a trip of firsts. Who's to say you won't meet a pretty girl and bring her back?" I shrugged.

Cedric looks at me and he just laughs. As if that's an impossible thing that will never happen. But we'll see.

"I also asked Hermione and Ron to come. I gave them each an extra ticket so they could bring a plus one." I rambled.

Cedric looked up at me and his smile drops. The look he held was one of clear sympathy.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

I walked back to his bed and began fumbling to put on my new bracelet.

"What if Ron brings Harry?" he queried.

I stopped fooling around with the bracelet and our eyes met. We hadn't talked about Harry all holiday and I was grateful for it.

I wasn't quite over our break up yet but that did not mean that I wanted to talk about it.