Chapter 6

⚠️ Trigger Warning: Drugs ⚠️

* * *

Joe: I need to see you.

Me: We go back on the road tomorrow.

Joe: Before then. I miss you.

Me: Do you want to come over? ?

Joe: Send me the address.

Damn, he's pussy whipped already especially if he's skipping out on his family when he should be trying to spend every moment with them before going back on the road.

There was quite a stretch between where he lived and where I live in Orlando so I went around my house taking down photos and other items that would connect me to Sam. After that, I jumped in my car and drove to the bad side of town, stopping on the street corner where the shadiest looking guy stood.

"Here you go," he said, handing me a dime bag of weed.

"Thanks," I said, passing him a 10. "Oh, I'm having a party tonight so what else do you have?"

"I got just what you need right here," he replied, pulling out a baggie that contained 4 pills.

Back home, I smoked half before peeing in a small container and hiding it at the back of my refrigerator to preserve it. Yes, I purposely wanted dirty urine for myself. I went over to the counter and crushed a few pills until they were nothing but powder and dumped it into flour just in time for the doorbell to ring.

"What did you tell her?" I asked once I let him in.

"That I had an early morning radio interview to promote Smackdown so leaving this evening would be better than having to be at the airport at 4 AM in order to make it," he followed me into the kitchen and sniffed. "Is that weed I smell?"

"Yeah, every now and then I have to relax and blow off some steam. You want some?" I said, taking a deep inhale.

"No, I'll pass," he declined. "You do know we're being tested tomorrow, right?"

I choked on the smoke, pretending to cough up a lung. "What?! Oh my God! I had no idea."

"They sent us an email reminder the other day," he replied.

"I never check my work email account. Shit, shit, shit! I'm going to pretend to be sick or something and not go. I can't afford a suspension this early in my career!" I cried.

"Calm down. It's $2,500 for marijuana violation. Anything harder than that is 30 days for the 1st violation and 60 days for the 2nd. If you're dumb enough to get caught a 3rd time it's a termination," Joe explained and he would know considering he got his 1st strike back in 2016.

 If you're dumb enough to get caught a 3rd time it's a termination," Joe explained and he would know considering he got his 1st strike back in 2016

"Okay, good to know. I'll have to be mindful of the dates from now on. I'm not making top guy money like you to be giving it away like that..."

"Now that that's settled," Joe grabbed me and pulled me to him. I moaned softly as we kissed, my arms locking behind his neck. He raised my maxi dress up to my thighs.