【𝟔】 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎

L/n Y/n

First Perspective

"Welcome to Yuei's most special event of the year!"

I stood upon the stage in front of the entire audience just with the host of the annual event - Midnight again. The roaring crowd was a mix of excitement and interest. I smiled while gazing up in an almost trance by the overwhelming amount of people.

The crowd has a life of its own, the vibrant colours shine in the morning light and the people move like enchanting shoals of fish. There is chatter between pro heroes and civilians, old friends catching up, new friends made. It's busy for sure, but the hustle and bustle brings a life to this event I wouldn't want to be without.

Whispers from other classes could be heard from the distance. It was all full of gossip along the lines of 'Class 1-A again.' My chest rose in hesitation. "This year's representative is non other than the gift sent from the heavens above, L/n Y/n!" Midnight's voice passes the obvious state from group to group. As she hands over the mic, I held my breath with a trace of restraining any use of stuttering. I couldn't embarrass myself in front of this many people, especially live.

"I pledge that.. everyone will achieve their targeted goals in their next step from the past year's lessons throughout mistakes and achievements. Some of us here can take this opportunity to make up for the downside we had last year and together we can make this festival eventful! Not everyone can make it to the top, but everyone can make room for improvement and achieving personal goals with flying colours."

There was a moment of silence which had later been engulfed with the eruption of clapping and supportive screams from across the entire stadium. My eyes closed as I sighed in relief.

I hopped off the podium and stood next to my class. "Great job Y/n!" Mina slapped my back as I giggled with a nervous grin. Mina was about to add on something but was cut off by Midnight's next announcement. Our attention snapped back to the podium swiftly as she was already spinning the decision making object for this years event. I held hands with Mina in anticipation.

"Battle wipeout."

The entire class glanced over at the green hair boy who began muttering under his breath. "I heard about this selection of decisions from a few years ago in an older sports festival on the internet before. If I'm not wrong, we have to-" His die hard habit was cut off by midnight, as if finishing his own rambling in one go.

"-to have two sections between group one and two. Every single individual has to fight someone assigned from the opposing group in order to wipe out half the contestants to carry out to the next stage of this festival!"