one.

today is my first day at the behavioral analysis unit in quantico, virginia. i was told that i would spend my first few weeks at the bau being trained by dr. spencer reid, a genius with an IQ of 187 (which he was sure to tell me himself over the phone.)

due to that, upon meeting spencer i expected him to be quite arrogant, but he was actually lovely.

"dr. reid, pleasure to meet you. i'm agent y/f/n y/l/n, we spoke on the phone." i said, extending a hand for him to shake.

he looked at my hand for a second, then shook it, "agent y/l/n, hello! welcome to the bau!"

his tone is soft and welcoming, and his appearance is nothing like i would have imagined. he has these warm brown eyes that i could just melt in. his short brown hair is perfectly messy. he has a bit of stubble on his face, but not in a way that would suggest poor hygiene.

dr. reid shows me to my desk, which happens to be very close to his.

"thank you, dr. reid." i say as i sit down at my desk.

"as much as i love being called 'dr', just spencer is fine." he replies with a smile.

i nod, "sure thing, spencer. and just y/n is fine for me too."

"okay, great."

he sits down at his desk. i begin to organize my desk, making my workplace as neat as possible. however, as i do it i keep finding myself glance over at spencer.

i would be lying if i told you that i didn't expect this guy to be a complete nerd, and hell, maybe he is, but he sure is a cute one.

me and him both busy ourselves with paperwork, staying fairly quiet.

"i'm sorry about the hand thing." the doctor says randomly.

i look up, "the what?"

"the hesitation earlier before i shook your hand. that wasn't meant to be a sign of disrespect, i just have a thing with germs...not that i think you're dirty, of course, it's just..."

i chuckle at his exasperation, "it's okay, spencer. don't even worry about it."

he lets out a sigh of relief, "okay, good. i don't wanna start off on the wrong foot. you know, statistics show that most first impressions are made by what we see, by visual cues. 55% to be exact. it's very important."

"i actually did not know that, but thank you for telling me." i say, only half-joking.

but spencer, who took it whole-heartedly, smiles at me, "anytime!"

i chuckle softly to myself and go back to my paperwork, knowing that it's going to be really fun working with dr. spencer reid. fun how? that's what i'm dying to figure out.