two.

me and spencer grew closer as the weeks went by. i waited for him to make a first move, but he never did. there had been the occasional glances, which i had profiled carefully, but no actual advances. i had been watching him like a hawk, and i think he had done the same for me.

i had thought he was interested, but i quickly learned otherwise when his girlfriend came to see him at work.

something about her drew me in the second she walked in. maybe it was the confidence in her strut, or maybe it was the mysterious look in her eye. i then watched her as she made her way over to spencer and kissed him. i try to focus on my paperwork and not watch, but i just can't seem to.

once the girl pulls away, she smiles at me, "hi, i don't think we've met. i'm cat."

i smile back, "no, i don't think we have. i'm y/n."

"ah, y/n. spencie has told me so much about you." she says with a smirk.

i raise an eyebrow at spencer, and he just shrugs.

"all bad, i hope." i say with a small chuckle.

she leans over to me a bit, "hey, you wanna come over to me and spencer's place tonight? we could all just hang out, and it'll be fun, right, spence?"

there's a look in his eye that i just can't describe as he says, "yes, it would be."

"okay, i'll come!" i say with a smile.

"great! how does five sound?" cat asks.

"great!" i reply.

after work i rush home to change clothes, deciding on something casual, but also cute. i don't know, but i feel the need to look somewhat attractive when going over to their house.

i then begin to drive to their place, unaware of what was awaiting me once i arrived.