Chapter 1: Rose Colored Secret

Ruby POV

I yawn a little as I wake up in my bed. Just another day at Beacon! I still can't believe it sometimes. I mean, I made it into Beacon!!! I'm still so excited! Even if Weiss was a little mean at first. But we're besties now, so ha! Take that Meanie Weiss!

Anyways, as I stretch, I notice everyone else is still asleep. Perfect! That gives me enough privacy to silently pray to my God, who I still haven't told anyone about. Most people wouldn't expect me to be religious in any way, but I don't have these silver crosses for nothin'! I clasp my hands and start praying for about 2 minutes, and then I end it off with "May your Darkness shed light on my path ahead" as usual.

Man, he's so cool!

Anyhow, I get out of bed and take a quick shower, brush my teeth, etc. As I finish drying my hair (it takes FOREVER), I hear one of my teammates knocking on the bathroom door. I open it to see Blake. We don't talk much, with her being rather quiet, but she's still a pretty good friend.

Me: "Hi Blake!"
(A/N: Yeah, I'm using this style. It's less confusing for me this way.)

Blake: "Morning, Ruby. You using the shower?"

Me: "Nope! Just dryin' my hair."

I let her in so she can wash up. I walk out of the bathroom so she can do her business and I go over our schedule today. First class today is...!

... Professor Port...

??? POV

This girl...geez, she's such a child. Calling me her "God". Then again... I'm not too far from that at this point. After all...

I am The Beholder of Void.

While my powers may remain neutral, my alignment in terms of mortal standards...are the very definition of evil. At least, they were. Then, this adorable child, Ruby Rose, was nearly killed by Grimm when her sister decided to be selfish.

Ever since the silver-eyed girl woke up, she's been my life.

Now, my only goal is to make sure she doesn't suffer at the hands of that False Goddess. She is my everything, and absolutely nothing shall take her away from me.

Back in Ruby's POV

After going through a few classes, it's time for lunch! This is usually when we talk to another team, JNPR! They're pretty neat!

As I sit down, I notice them staring at me.

Me: "Uh...are you guys okay?"

Jaune: "Um, R-Ruby? I didn't know you bought headwear that...unfitting."

She looks up and notices she had a demon horned headband on her head. They were pretty large, with black runes outlining the red objects.

Me: "Huh. Uh, I thought I'd try something new! Do you not like it?"

Jaune: "I-i-its not that! I just, uh, wasn't expecting it."

Ren: "...the runes interest me a little."

The rest of my team walk over and we all continue eating. I hear Velvet once again getting picked on by Cardin and his mean teammates. Even though Jaune told him to not mess with us, he still picks on other people. Velvet is a nice, innocent person and I'm getting pretty mad. I walk over to him angrily and tap his shoulder...

Having to use my tippy toes.

Cardickhead: "Whaddya want, brat?"

Me: "Leave her a-alone!"