Chapter 6

Aria's POV :

I was still shocked with what Xander said. My cheeks were burning. Oh god! What is happening with me? I also wanted to kiss him.

I heard footsteps behind me. Thinking it's Xander, I didn't look behind.

" What a beauty like you doing here alone?" A very familiar voice asked but it was not Xander. I turned around to see Gabriel standing there. I could say he is drunk looking at his posture. His whole body was swaying like he would fall anytime now.

Without saying anything I tried to walk past him but he held my wrist in tight grip making me wince.

" Where are you going? Let's go we will have fun" He slurred pulling me towards him but I raised my leg and kicked him in the shin. He leaned down in pain.

" You bitch" Gabriel yelled and was going to hold my hand again but somebody punched him on the face.

" How dare you to touch her, you bastard" Xander yelled at him and continued to punch him.

" Xander! Xander, Leave him" I was yelling at Xander but he didn't stop so I held his hand and pulled him back. Gabriel was unconscious now.

" You could have killed him. You kno- umm" I was confronting Xander but he cut me off by placing his lips on mine. My whole body tensed. He was kissing me like I would disappear. He pulled back when breathless.

" Are you ok?" Xander asked me cupping my face and looking into my eyes.

" Yes I am. Don't worry" I said giving him a reassuring smile. He sighed in relief and kissed my forehead.

" I am sorry for kissing you earlier without your permission" He apologized. I nodded.

" What should we do with him" I said gesturing towards Gabriel.

" Don't worry about him" Xander said.

We both walked inside the house. Some were dancing in the living room. Some were making out in the corners. Xander pulled me where Mia was dancing with Austin. She came over to me when she saw me waving at her.

" Mia, I am thinking about going home. Are you coming with me?"  I asked her.

" No. I will stay here with Austin. He will drop me off, Don't worry. Xander, please take care of her" She said looking towards Xander who nodded in response. Then she walked towards Austin.

" Let's go" Xander gripped my hand and pulled me outside.

He helped me to sit on his motorbike, then he hopped on as well.

" Hold onto me tightly" Xander commanded. I whispered yes. I squeezed my eyes shut as wind was slapping my face. I swear, no one has ever slapped me so much.

I didn't realise when we reached near my house. I was literally shaking when he helped me to get down.

" Hey, are you ok?" Xander asked me in soft voice. Not trusting my voice, I nodded my head. He chuckled at my condition and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

" Ok now go inside, Good night" Xander said and was going to walk away but I held his hand to stop him. He looked at me with questioning gaze. I tiptoed and pecked his cheek.