Chapter 8

Aria's POV :

I was entering through school gates but then someone held me by my shoulders. I turned my head to the right and saw Xander smiling at me but I frowned at him and shook his hand off my shoulders. His face fell when I did that but I ignored him and kept walking.

" What happened Aria? Did I do something wrong?" He asked me in confusion.

" Really, you are asking me?" I said crossing my arms against my chest. He was still looking confused then sadness covered his face.

" Are you angry, because we kissed in the party?" He asked me slowly. My eyes widened hearing him. Oh shit! He thinks I am angry at him because of kiss.

" No no. I am angry about something else" I said making him sigh in relief. 

" Then why are you angry? tell me" He pleaded so I decided to tell him. 

" Did you know about Mia and your friend?" I asked him raising an eyebrow. First he looked confused then his eyes widened like he realized something. I looked at him shocked.

" You knew about it don't you? then why didn't you try to stop your friend from hurting Mia?" I couldn't control my anger. I know it is wrong of me to take out my anger on Xander but I wanted to know why didn't he stop Alexander before he could hurt Mia.

" I tried trust me Aria but that time he told me that he is serious about her and I believed him but then he broke heart and trust me Aria, I had fight with him because of that" He explained. I didn't know what to say.

" I am sorry Xander for yelling at you" I apologized. 

" It's ok. I know you must be worried about your best friend. But that's in the past, they have moved on so we should too" He said. I was going to say something but held myself. Mia doesn't want anyone to know what happened last night so I should also keep it secret. Fortunately, bell rang in the right time. Disappointment was clearly showing on Xander's face when bell rang. 

"See you in class" I said and before he could say anything, I walked away to my class.

Mia was already sitting on our usual place. I went and took a seat beside her. She looked at me and gave a small smile which I returned. Just then Xander and Alex walked in class with Sasha trailing behind them. They both looked at us then went past us to their usual seat. 

It was a lunch time and I was walking with Mia to Cafeteria just then someone took a hold of my elbow and pulled me towards them. I wanted to scold that person but when I looked up, my furious eyes met with Xander's annoyed ones. 

"Hey, let go of her hand" Mia said trying to loose his hold on my hand. 

He turned his gaze towards Mia and said in calm voice.

"Please I want to talk to her. I swear, I will not hurt her" He promised Mia who looked at him hesitantly but then dropped her hands which were trying to loose Xander's grip on my hand. She turned around and walked to the Cafeteria like nothing happened.

I was looking at her walking away when Xander pulled me behind the school building. He pushed me against the wall and got close to me. His eyes were showing anger, fear, love and care. At this level, I was terrified of his emotions which were showing in his eyes.

"Aria, I don't like it when you ignore me. I feel like I am gonna lose you when you are not even mine to begin with. I hate it when you act like I don't exist. Please don't do this to me. Please don't hate me" his words were so pained that I wanted to hug him. But how can I be with him when his friend hurt my best friend. It will be like betraying Mia. I can never do this to her.

"Xander, I don't hate you. Why would you even think that? It's just I don't want to betray Mia by being with you as you are the best friend of the person who had hurt her. Please try to understand" I said looking into his eyes. 

" I know Aria what are you trying to say but its been years since I have had a crush on you. Many times I have thought about how I am going to ask you out. Yesterday when we kissed, it was like the most beautiful thing in my life. I have always imagined what it would be like to kiss you, hug you and hold you for the rest of my life. But since morning, you started ignoring me. I don't want this Aria, please at least talk to me like before. It's ok if you don't want to be in relationship with me but please don't ignore me" He pleaded. I was stunned to talk as I have never imagined a guy like Xander has a crush on me. The way he is talking to me is slowly melting me. Without even realizing, I started kissing me. He was shocked at first then pulled me impossibly close and kissed me deeply. I ran away from there as soon as we pulled away from each other. 

I also want to give a chance to Xander but I can't betray Mia. She will be hurt if I date her ex boyfriend's best friend and I will never betray my best friend. Maybe Xander will move on too as it is just a crush which will go away in time. 

Author's POV 

Aria thinks Xander's feelings will go in time but what she doesn't know is how much Xander loved her. He is so deep that now one can stop him from loving her. We can just hope, these two will sort out things and will be together in the end. For that we will have to wait.