Chapter 42

« Ji Su-ya, are you alright ? »

As soon as he entered the Hong family's home, he had heard Mrs Hong's loud voice coming from the living room. Although he didn't know what was the argument about, he had understood that she was talking to his little lover.

Or at least the person he loved with all his heart and that he missed so dearly. Even though they had snuck in one or two dates, nothing was really spelled out about their status.

Mrs Hong left the room by another door, allowing him to head inside without her knowledge. But Ji Su, fleeing his touch and comfort, confused him.

Instead of relying on the older man, the little one had run away. Hyeon Jae's heart dropped, the lovely being didn't look good at all, the usual light in his-her- eyes had disappeared. He needed to make it possible for them to meet as soon as possible or else the knot of fears in his heart would take over all his thoughts.

Since Mrs Hong had discovered them waking up in Ji Su's bedroom, she hadn't listened to any of their explanations and had just made her own decisions. She forbade them to meet in or outside home, talking to each other was supervised at all times and made him absolutely crazy. He couldn't show his support nor his longing.

He wasn't under as tight of a monitoring as Ji Su was so he had followed him-her- a few times when he went to school. What he had witnessed had not put his initial worries at ease, seeing how he-she- had taken distance from his-her- friends. Was it of his-her- own doing ? Was it because of school or Mrs Hong's deliberate manipulations ? Hyeon Jae might never know the reason but he knew that the cute little one he loved was getting lonelier and sadder. He was talking less and less, isolating himself, almost drained out of life.

From what Ji Su had told him at the time they confirmed their mutual feelings, he-she- had already a lot on his-she- plate. The additional change in his-her- life plus his own supposed wedding was a lot to take in. That said wedding was just a thorn in Hyeon Jae's side. Even if Su Ji was a nice lady, she was of no interest to him, he just didn't like her at all.

His whole heart was for him, her, depending on how you wanted to call Ji Su.

Hyeon Jae wasn't yet accustomed to think of Ji Su as a girl, as his external appearance was of a man. He had to correct himself to use the right pronoun. But more than anything he just didn't care what Ji Su was, he loved her cheerful and thoughtful personality, the rest was just an outward cover.

However, right now, that beautiful persona was withering away and he was stuck, not doing anything useful.

He had succeeded in sneaking once or twice in Ji Su's school, meeting him during lunch hours. Savouring the time spent together, hugging the little shivering body strongly in his embrace. He had thought that they could slip away from the surveillance hence making Ji Su ditch once, but Mrs Hong had quickly caught on that one stolen afternoon. Her guard was now too tight for Hyeon Jae to do anything simple. He had to cook a better plan.

The only person who would understand and support him in his crazy or socially unacceptable love was his brother who had shown him the way to his feelings. He couldn't talk about it with his University friends, they wouldn't understand this kind of forbidden love. So he exchanged letters with Hyeon Su, asking him for ideas on how to cancel this dreaded wedding. Never would he have thought that this would be the beginning of his absolute worst nightmare.

Slightly tired from the succession of finals, a more than needed discussion with Liam and another frantic week saying greeting to every and anyone, Dean had only wished for a calm night before enjoying his last days in France. He had certainly not expected to find people all over his living room the night he had thought would be a chill one in front of a movie.