Orphanage of Elizabeth

Fei

I only have a few memories I never forget, one of which was the time I came with my father to visit an Orphanage...

[Fei almost 7 years old]

A small version of me sat eagerly waiting to get out of the car. I looked at my father who was driving, his eyes focused on the road.

I smiled as I took a peep on the window.

'It's rare that father is taking me outside'

Trees are all my little eyes could see, not so long I saw a huge Victorian style building, trees hovering, hiding the building from the eyes above, the grass were long and grew wild and freely.

The place was really strange even if there were kids playing on the grass I felt like there was something wrong.

"Are you alright Fei?"

"Where are we?"

"We're here at an Orphanage."

"An Or-Orph.. a what?"

"Or-pha-nage."

"Or-pha-nage."

"That's right Fei."

Father said as he patted me on the head.

Father's hand was huge it covered ip the top of my head, the warmth was something I could vividly remember, something that he rearly does; touch me.

"What's an or-ph-an-age?"

I asked as I took a peek when we entered a gate that says words I could not read.

"Well, Orphanage of Elizabeth is a place where children who lost their parents go to till they could live by themselves."

"Father am I going there?"

The look on my father's eyes is something I cannot forget; he felt like a bomb was just dropped to him but in the end he gave me a small sad smile. When he held my tiny hand I began to see in his eyes that he wanted to cry.

"No dear we're just here to visit father's friend."

He parked the car and when we got out; a woman almost as tall as my father welcomed us.

"Leon."

She nodded as a sign of acknowledging my father's presence.

"Sister Patrice, this is Fei"

"Hello little flower."

She said as she knelt down to my eye level and smiled.

"Hi."

"Sister Patrice is an old friend of mine."

Father said as he placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer.

"Such youth and protection I see."

"Silence!"

My father's voice boomed before Sister Patrice could say more, instead she gave a small bow to my father, a gesture on acknowledging her mistake.

Father then kneeled down as he faced me, he smiled and held my shoulders and smiled.

"Fei, you could go play with other children but you not allowed to go out of the orphanage."

"Really?"

I could feel my face lit up as I saw my father gave me a nod for an answer.

**********end

Im aliveeee~ but i wanna just say thank you if your still reading this and im sorry cause Im not going to post anything and I'm holding all my books till i finish typing at least one then ill finish one book at a time or at least update each book slowly... and i MAY reboot/rewrite everything.... we'll see but dont worry its basically just fixing grammar, plot points and a few things ill keep the whole thing as is as much as possible.

-A