Prologue Part 2 Shattered Mirror

Aura's narration

It all started on October 31st, with it being my next birthday in this world.

The daytime felt mostly normal, with the exception that we had to fight Eggman.....again.

What was surprising at first was the fact that after we beat the doctor, the group quickly said their farewells to me and went off afterwards.

But before I could enjoy the silence of my home in the woods, Cream came and dragged me out to go somewhere.

—————————————————————————

Normal POV

Seaside Hill

Aura tries to balance himself as the young rabbit pulled on his arm and led him through the landscape, a clear destination in mind.

The blue wolf tells her after almost tripping on a rock. "Cream...could you slow down so I do not fall over onto you?"

Cream giggles bashfully after realizing what she was doing. "Sorry Mr Aura, but I can't wait to show you what I have for you."

Aura reluctantly agrees to keep letting Cream guide him. "It is fine, just be more careful. Whatever exciting sight you have for me must be big."

The pair eventually reached a large clearing with a table underneath a palm tree.

Upon getting close enough, he was greeted with a unified crowd of voices.

"Surprise!!!!"

All of his friends were present at the place, with balloons, streamers and a banner that read "Happy Birthday Aura".

The party guests were Sonic, Tails, Amy, Sally, Rouge, Cream, Vanilla, Bunnie Rabbot, Antione De'Coolette, Rotor, Blaze and Espio.

Aura looks around at them. "All of this....for me?"

Sonic gives a thumbs up to him. "Of course, what else would we do to remember you as our friend for 3 years?"

Tails chuckles after this. "It was either this or we have Amy drag you with us for trick or treating."

Rouge winks at Aura. "I would've enjoyed helping her with that."

Amy smirks to Tails' suggestion. "I bet I could get him to come with us tonight with one hit."

Blaze smiles at Aura. "This is the best we can do for having such a good friend."

Espio pulls out a cake knife like he would a shuriken. "Let's begin with the food while I get the candles put onto the cake."

2 hours later...

Aura had finished eating his piece of cake and unwrapped all of his presents within the hours he was there.

Most of the gifts were beautiful, though the messages they wrote on the cards left some questions to be asked.

He was certain that Cream's card looked like it was about to write something with a capital D, but she tried to cover it.

Amy's card was normal, though there was the awkward moment when everyone found out she forgot to take out of picture of Sonic when she was writing it.

Sonic's card had a few food stains...and fang marks for some reason unknown.

Other than that, everyone else's cards were normal to the open eyes.