ten 10

PARK SEONGHWA

really? what happened last night? is everything okay?
9:00 a.m.

my father fell ill so i had to rush back to my hometown in jinju.
9:05 a.m.

he's in the hospital now.
9:05 a.m.

ooh? i see..
9:06 a.m.

but.. will you be able to make it this weekend?
9:07 a.m. 

it's fine if you can't, since your father is not well. and you're so far away from seoul.
9:07 a.m.

well, he's feeling better now, so yes.
9:08 a.m.

we can meet on sunday ;) 
9:08 a.m.

---

san gasped loudly after seeing seonghwa's messages. he then put down his phone gently and made sure there are no customers in the store, especially his manager. then, he screamed happily. "I AM FINALLY MEETING HIM!" he shouted while punching his fists into the air. after doing his happy dance with no shame, san was met with his manager that came out of the storage room. "oh, mr. seo!" san dropped himself to bow respectfully at him. he was shocked, truthfully, to see him all suddenly. 

"what's with the scream just now, mr. choi?" the manager asked in confusion. "uh, it was nothing. i'm meeting my friend this sunday." san explained while blushing in embarrassment. "sorry, sir." mr. seo chuckled at the young man. "is that so? i was about to ask you to work for tomorrow and the day after. that boy taehyun has fallen sick again. i was hoping you can replace him."

"sure! no problem. until 5, right?"

the manager nodded with a warm smile and turned to leave. "as usual. well, have fun meeting your friend later." san smiled cheekily, showing his dimples and bowed. "thank you, sir!"

seonghwa looked at his phone, confused. san had left him on read for about 5 minutes now. did something happen?  "seonghwa." he looked up from his phone to meet his beloved mother's gaze. "yes, eomma?" he was standing outside his father's room when his mother got out from there. "father wants to see you." seonghwa gulped then entered the room. there, he saw his father laying peacefully on the hospital bed, looking at him.

"appa." mr. park sighed after seeing his son sitting on the chair beside the bed. "you finally came. i've missed you."

"you missed me? i thought you hated me. after you found out about it, that is." 

"yes, and i still am." seonghwa frowned at the words. "but if that's what makes you happy, then i have to give in." he heard his father continued, so he looked back up.

seonghwa exit the room after having some talk with his father for the first time in forever. then his mother walked up to him and grabbed his hand. "seonghwa, darling. we're very sorry. we realized that we could never control your life. whatever makes you happy, we'll be happy too." he sniffed and felt tears beginning to fall from his eyes. "thank you, eomma." seonghwa hugged his mother tightly while crying softly.

CHOI SAN

hwaaa
9:15 a.m.

meet me at a cafe next to sunny convenience store
9:15 a.m.

my shift ends at 5 on sunday
9:15 a.m.

can you?
9:16 a.m.

of course i can. i'll drive to seoul tomorrow.
9:32 a.m.

see you on sunday :)
9:33 a.m.

---

i promise you the next chapter will be a lot longer :)