1

"Father please no! I don't want this!"

"Shut up child."

Your screams and cries filled the room. Your mother ran up to you, blocking you from Voldemort's view.

"She's just a child! You cannot do this to her!"

"You dare disobey my orders!"

"Do not hurt my daughter"

"Avada Kedavra"

Your mother died right in front of your eyes. You screamed out and cried. You then felt a pull at your arm. You couldn't stop crying as Voldemort said the spell giving you it. The dark mark.

"Hurry up! We're going to be late to class!"

Hermione rushed you to finish your breakfast, and pulled you into your classroom. You attended your classes until lunch. You went into your room and sat at your desk. You stared at the picture of you with your mother.

"Why mother. Why did you try and help"

You couldn't stop yourself from crying. You cried and ran. Ran all the way up to the astronomy tower. You slowly sat on the ground and cried your heart out. It had only been a month. The pain had not even gone down a little.

Draco's POV

"Mr. Malfoy. Your father is here to see you"

"Now? But I'm in the middle of class"

"Now Mr. Malfoy"

He went into Snape's office and saw his father stood there.

"My lord will be here soon Draco. Do not disappoint me. Do you understand?"

He didn't respond. Lucius grabbed his shirt.

"I said do you understand?!"

"Yes"

"Good. Now leave."

Draco ran out. He was so sick of his father. He forced him to get a dark maark and to do the dark lord's bidding. He was furious with him, but most of all he was scared. He ran all the way up to the astronomy tower.

Back to your POV

Your head was leaning against the wall, your tears never ending.

"Are you ok?"

You moved your head and saw Draco Malfoy stood there. He had a look of genuine concern on his face.

"I'm fine"

He sat down next to you.

"Didn't look fine"

"Just drop it"

"Fine."

You both sat their in silence.

"So Malfoy. What has you coming up here?"

"I'd rather not talk about it. Why were you crying Y/l/n?

"My mother passed away last month. Trying to protect me. And-"

You couldn't finish your sentence without the tears stinging your eyes again. To your surprise, Draco held you and gently rubbed his hand on your arm.

"God why are you being so nice to me"

"Because I've a feeling we're more alike then you'd think"

He held you there for an hour. No speaking, just Draco holding you. Finally you realized it was time to go.

"I've uh-"

"Yeah me too. I'll see you around Y/n"

And he just left. What a weird way to first interact with the Slytherin prince himself. But you had a gut feeling it wasn't the last time.

"Where were you all day! I was so worried!"

"I'm fine Mione I promise"

"If you say so. Now come on, we have to meet with Pansy in the library and get work done."

You both ran off into the library. There he was again. You could see him out of the corner of your eye. He received a note, made a scared expression and got up to go. You immediately got up and went after him.

"Y/n where are you going!"

You didn't pay attention, you just kept going. You peeked in a room and saw Draco stood there with what looked like Lucius Malfoy. You could clearly see him grab Draco's shirt and tell something, then violently drop him and leave. You ran into the room. Draco was just stood there.

"Draco are you ok?!"

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

"You looked upset and ran out of the library. I just wanted to make sure you were ok"

He stared at you

"You didn't have to do that"

You walked up to him.

"Listen. I just met you and you just met me. But we need each other. If you can't already tell we both have major family problems."

His gaze softened.

"You're not wrong"

"So Draco. Friends?"

"Friends"

First chapter hope you guys enjoyed!