2

Heading down the steps of the apartment building Samantha's Uncle Cillian gave her a last few words of encouragement, "You are going to do great, Sam. You are a wonderful person and writer. They are going to love you."

Samantha nodded and smiled as her Uncle continued to chat as they exited the apartment building. At the bottom of the building's front stoop her uncle handed her a few dollars as well as some change for the bus. "If you need anything don't hesitate to call your Aunt at the deli or myself at the bank."

She nodded and smiled as she accepted the money. "Thank you, Uncle Cillian, but Shawn will be at the studio. I'm sure if I need anything he'll be able to help me out."

"Ah yes, Shawn, of course. Nonetheless, if you need us we are just a phone call away."

There was that dismissive nature towards Shawn again. "Yes, Uncle Cillian. I'll call if I need anything."

"Good girl," he pulled her in for a hug goodbye. "Get going, don't wanna miss your bus."

She nodded and waved goodbye as she headed for the bus stop in the opposite direction. It wasn't even 9 in the morning and the day was warmer than it should be. She was grateful that her aunt had talked her into wearing the hat. It helped keep the morning sun out of her eyes as she walked down the sidewalk to the bus stop.
From behind her she heard rushed steps coming after her. Looking back she saw the boy from her building running at top speed to catch up to her.

"SAM!" He shouted. "SAM, WAIT UP!"

She laughed as she yelled back, "Slow down, Tim! I'm waiting!"

Tim lived in an apartment on the floor above theirs. She'd gotten to know him walking to and from school during the year. He was really nice but kinda goofy.

He continued to run up to her despite her telling him that she'd wait for him to catch up. Finally reaching her side Tim leaned forward, holding on to his knees as he caught his breath.

"I told you I'd wait for you. You didn't have to run so fast," she laughed.

He took a few moments and finally managed to catch his breath.

"Where are you off to so early," he asked.

"Joey Drew Studios. I have an interview for an internship in the writing department." She answered him as she began walking with him following beside her.

He whistled, "Wow really? That's the place that makes those great Bendy and Boris cartoons, huh?"

"Yup! What about you?" She asked. "It's summer vacation. I'm surprised you're not sleeping the day away."

"I wish!" Tim chuckled, "My dad got me a job as the new box boy at the grocery store. I officially start tomorrow but gotta go to the office to get things in order and introduce myself."

"Wow!" Samatha exclaimed. "A summer job. If things go well with my interview we will both have busy summers."

They came up to the bus stop; Samantha could see the bus coming. "Well my bus will be here in a bit," she said, pulling out her money for the bus fare. "Wish me luck?" She smiled as Tim walked backwards down the sidewalk.

"You don't need it!" He shouted almost bumping into a tall man walking the right way. "But I'll cross my fingers for you! See ya later, Sam!"

"Bye, Tim!"

The bus pulled up and she got on and took a seat. The trip wasn't long. She could have walked but she didn't want to arrive at the studio a sweaty mess. The bus wouldn't drop her off in front of the studio but it was close enough. She would only have to walk a few blocks. She looked out the window as the bus made its way down the busy streets. Shops were opening for the day. Men and women made their ways to work or were off to do whatever their day entailed. She even saw a few kids from her school as they drove by the school she attended. She had thought about attending summer school but the writing course she wanted was already full by the time she had made a decision. Thankfully things worked out in her favor.
The bus soon approached the street of Joey Drew Studios. She got her things together to get off the bus. Thanking the driver for a nice ride she stepped off the bus and onto the sidewalk. It was getting hotter.