Chapter 7

Ariana's POV

It's only been one week and Chris was at number 12 for billboard hot 100. Right now we were in scooters office and they were discussing a music video for her song.

"Okay so what I was thinking is that we recreate everything that happened throughout that time."

"Chris are you sure you can handle that?" I asked while rubbing her arm.

"Yea I have to be professional. I'll be fine."

"Okay."

"Exactly why you're my new favorite-" I gave him a mean mug.

"No no go ahead finish the sentence. I'm your new favorite artist." She says as she dusts her shoulders off and makes Miguel laugh.

"Fuck all y'all." I get up to walk away but she grabs my hand softly to stop me.

"Ight well we would have to do auditions right?" Miguel asked

"Definitely."

"Okay cool. Well I'll see you tomorrow for the auditions." Chris added on

"See you tomorrow guys." He says as we all walk out.

———-

3 days later

Chris' POV

We had auditions yesterday and today we were recording. I wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. We were doing our last scene and this was me seeing her in the hospital. The actress looked just like my late best friend Gianna. We were recording the scene and I couldn't help but feel myself reliving everything that happened. I knew I was just acting but I used all my emotion for the scene. I dropped a couple tears and I placed my head on her stomach. I looked back up and that's when the beep sound came in. I looked over at it and started freaking out. And they told me she died and I just started throwing chairs and shit.

"And cut! That's a wrap for Chris' first music video!!" Everyone clapped and I put on a fake smile. I thanked everyone for their work and walked to my dressing room. I went into the bathroom and splashed my face with water.

"You have to get it together chris." I said out loud thinking no one was here

"Chris. Are you okay?" I look up at the mirror and seeing Ariana standing behind me.

"No." I sat down on the floor. She walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. And I just broke down.

"What's wrong?"

"I just relived that whole situation. And I feel so fucking guilty."

"For what you didn't do anything wrong?"

"I'm literally building my career off of Gianna. I feel so fucking disgusted with myself." I got up off of Ariana. And started pacing. She followed me into the living room and made me sit on the couch. Then someone opened my dressing room door.

"Chris we-" it was a person from the crew.

"GET THE FUCK OUT." I threw a couch pillow at the door. And then they closed the door. I sat down on the couch and crouched down and facepalmed myself.

"Chris it's not your fault. You use music to cope. You know she would be happy for you." Ariana say next to me and rubbed my back.

"Next song change it to maybe pop. And then the song after that one make it R&b to show people how you're diverse and you don't just make sad music." She put air quotes on the sad which made me chuckle.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yea I guess."

She leaned in and gave me a hug.