7. Surprising But Not Unusual Holiday

word count: 3.9k

warnings: none??

CHAPTER SEVEN: SURPRISING BUT NOT UNUSUAL HOLIDAY

The four of you were standing in a motel parking lot in Ypsilanti, Michigan and it wasn't as snowy as you expected it to be. The ground is wet and dark, might've been snowing or raining here for the past few days, you aren't so sure. But the more you look around you noticed a few snow piles every other block, and over sized holiday decorations literally everywhere. Despite the cheery looks on the civilians you passed by, you four had definitely stood out with your tough demeanor.

Against the impala, Stevie sat on top of the hood as Deans scolded her for doing so but let her be as he could never say no to her. She maybe a few years younger, reckless and tough, but Dean has a soft spot for her just like she has for him. Sam held a cream colored manila folder, talking about this new case.

"Santa?" You keep laughing uncontrollably as you reach into your truck and lift your bag out of the back seat. Once you have the bag over your shoulder, you turn around and start walking with the boys and Stevie to the motel rooms.

"It's weird, I know. Could be a possibility, maybe the folklore of Krampus?" Sam says. "We gotta go talk to this Mrs. Walsh. Her husband disappeared according to the reports."

You hum, "Alright. Let's get going."

Stevie opens up your motel room that you're sharing with her and waits for you. You reach the door and lean against the wall that's covered with big red bows and gold glitter. You were beginning to hope the holidays will fly fast and that this case won't take forever, not wanting to continuously be reminded of the past.

"I'll throw on my suit," You say eagerly. "Whoever wants to join me and investigate, meet me out here in ten!"

When you walk into the motel room, you throw your bag on the bed and rummage through to get out your long black slacks, a white button up and your black blazer that was folded neatly inside each other. As you unpack it, you notice a few wrinkles and sigh in annoyance. You've been forgetting to buy yourself one of those zip up clothing bags to store and protect the only two suits you had. Thinking quickly, you run to the bathroom and turn the heat up on the shower and let it steam, letting your suit hang out in there to lessen some of the wrinkles.

"Y/N!" Stevie calls out.

You walk out of the bathroom, shutting the door on your way out to keep the steam in, and look at your sister. "What's up?"

"I figured Sam and I will stay behind, continue to look through the books maybe walk around town. Look for anything suspicious or interesting."

"I take it Dean and I will be meeting Mrs. Walsh then?"

"Yup." Stevie smiles and you exhale a laugh. You go back to your bag, looking for your fake badge and your gun. Your shoulders are slouched in exhaustion, perhaps it's sadness for yet another year added to many, without your parents. "Hey, you alright?"

"I just want to this done, you know?" You stop doing what you're doing and your knees lean into the bed. "I just...I miss them and I know it's been such a long time but it hurts.."

"I know, I miss them too." Stevie shrugs. "Listen, I know it does. It's always going to hurt. But then I realize that as long as I have you by my side, I'll be alright."

"You know, I feel like I should be the one saying these things to you. Since I'm older." You lighten up the conversation as a tear falls down your cheek.

"We both know I've always been a bit more wiser than you." Stevie laughs as she stands up to hug you. "Every year, I always think about them and then I think about how you saved me."