Chapter 2- Blondie

Harper Marie Kings

Harper Marie Kings

I'm pretty sure the whole population of teenagers out there would agree with me that Mondays are the worst. Except for you brainiacs that just can't seem to stay out of school, we get it.

Usually Mondays annoy the crap out of me because of the fact that I want more rest and I literally can't get anymore of it but this time it was different. The mere fact that two days could make a whole lot of difference made me hate Mondays even more.

I stood at the gate of school, contemplating whether or not to enter. I weighed the pros and con's.

Pro:
1. A math - free day
2. I don't have to face anyone
3. I get to do what I want

Con:
1. Mom could find...

Yeah I didn't really need to finish that. Con definitely outweighed pro.

I sighed heavily and walked begrudgingly towards the gates. A random guy opened it for me and I entered , smiling gratefully at him.

Well everything seems normal.

"That's Harper. The girl from the party on Friday."

I spoke too soon.

I turned to see the bearer of the information and just like her, everyone was staring me like I came dressed in my birthday suit. There were looks of disgust and lust. Disgust from most of the girls and well lust from the other party.

I sighed and made my way quietly to my locker avoiding all sort of eye contacts.

Soon enough, a certain blonde trotted towards me and stood staring when I didn't acknowledge her presence.

She cleared her throat and leaned in a little closer.

I rolled my eyes.
"Hey Carson. Howdy?" I hollered with a weird Southern accent.

"I'm good," she chirped.

I nodded and clutched my books tightly to my chest after closing my locker quietly. I started towards my first class of the day the same way I walked in: meek and quiet.

"Hey Harper..."

Here we go.

"There's a rumour going around about -"

"I kissed Ted," I cut her off and she gasps loudly. I rolled my eyes and just like I thought, she didn't say a word.

Carson kinda fitted the whole "damn blonde" stereotype. She was sort of an airhead and slow when it came to certain things. She was almost always oblivious to things happening around her.

I muttered incoherent words under my breath  and we entered English class together. I covered my head with the hood of my hoodie. It was the first time I wore a hoodie to school since middle school. It just wasn't done if you're a popular. But today, popularity was the last thing on my mind, all I wanted to do was to keep a low profile.