Third offense

A/N: The name I will be using for the grand high blood, Gamzee's dad, will be Makarin. Just a little side note so that you guys are informed. There is gonna be some drama too cx hopefully I didn't go over board and you guys like it. I mean I'm still getting the hang of writing Tav but I'm trying. So yeah. I hope you like it.

♉Tavros pov♉

I had found myself getting agitated, I didn't enjoy listening to the insults that were being thrown at Gamzee. It made my chest ache and my mind throb in anger. I had started to stand up when I felt Muelin wrap her arms around my legs, right where the prosthetic connected to my skin. I yelped feeling a quick jolt of pain flash through me, my knees gave out and I fell down to the ground landing next to her. She was looking at me with wide eyes, almost like she had seen a ghost. She knew now. I could tell. My eyes filled with tears. I had been so set on not letting anyone find out, I was gonna try to be normal. She'll tell Gamzee. I know she will, then..

A small hiccuped sob left me and then the tears fell, cascading down my cheeks.

"Tavros-" Muelin sounded like she wanted to say something but I didn't want to hear it.

"Stop!" I cried.

"Just don't tell anyone!" I turned facing her, tears and snot dripping down my face. I reached out grabbing onto her shoulders.

"Mue-" I was cut off as Muelin covered my mouth.

"Shhh-" She shushed me, her eyes darting over to the door. I stopped moving and calmed down, I strained my ears to listen until I finally heard it.

"What was that sound?" A rough voice grunted.

"What sound? I didn't hear anything." The frantic voice of Gamzee reached my ears. I froze, my body going stiff. The loud thudding footsteps of the capricorns father was getting closer and closer. I swear I could feel the ground shaking, or maybe I was just that scared. I looked over at Muelin, her eyes were screwed shut and her lips were trembling. Now that I was finally calmer than I was before compared to my small, I guess you could call it a panic attack, I could tell Muelins hand were shaking.

"Now why ya gotta up and lie to your own motherfucking father!" Makarin swore. There was a loud thud on the wall next to the door, my skin crawled. Muelin slowly removed her hand from my mouth, I looked at her with a determined look in my eyes.

Why should we be scared? Muelin works here and we could say I was an intern or a new employee. We had no reason to hide. I don't want to be hiding while Gamzee risks getting abused by his shitstain of a father for us.

"Muelin, I'm going." She mouthed for me to stop but I didn't. She clutched at me but I just brushed her hands off. I reached for the door knob turning it slowly, the door creaked as it opened.

"Now who the motherfuck is this?" A man who I can only assume is Makarin asked.

"Hello sir, my name is Tavros Nitram." I extended my hand to him setting a nice smile into place as I tried to hold my last strands of bravery together. Now that I was face to face with the booming voice I had only moments ago been listening to, it was a million times scarier. He looked like an older version of Gamzee. It was kinda weird to see. They had the same facial features and body build, except Makarin had a wider chest and also Gamzee's eyes were softer, they showed he cared.

"Why the motherfuck were you in that closet? You hiding something?" He accused never once reaching forward to shake my hand. I sighed letting my hand fall to my side.

"How'd you know sir? I thought I wasn't obvious." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly and laughed lightly.

"I was taking an unscheduled break for a moment, just need a bit of sleep." I lied. It was obvious to Gamzee; he was looking at me with wide eyes and a scared look. My attention dragged back to Makarin as he made a "tch" sound.

"Lowlife. You need to work to make a living, stop slacking off." He growled. I just nodded my apologies. I looked back to see Kurloz standing behind Makarin with a blank face, but if I looked close enough I could tell he was worried, most likely about Muelin.

"Gamzee, you're coming home with me."

I froze in horror. He was going to try to take Gamzee back with him? But he's a grown man, he doesn't need his fathers protection.

"But I-"

"Are you trying to oppose me maggot?" He snarled. Gamzee flinched shaking his head no. I was starting to get nervous. Shit. I need to do something.

"Uh, sir. Mr. Makara, Gamzee can't go with you cause he has a job seminar to go to with me." The elder Makaras attention was drawn to me and I shyed away. I could see Kurloz behind his dad shaking his no. He must have known I made a bad mistake because before I knew it I was pinned to the wall and dangling a good half a foot in the air.

"Dad! Motherfuckin Stop!" Gamzee growled grabbing at his fathers arm, trying to pull it off of of my throat. I could feel the air getting scarcer and I knew soon I'd black out or worse, die. I could see a dark haze fogging up my peripheral vision and I could barely see anything now, everyone looked like shadows drifting away, further and further from my reach. I could hear Gamzee screaming and the muffled sounds of footsteps, but one voice rang loud and clear in my mind.

"This is what happens when you get in my way boy."