Chapter Six

S2E6: The Spy

Jace laid back on his bed staring up at the ceiling. He was thinking of ways he could somehow find proof of the upside down to show Max. Maybe then she would finally believe him and forgive him, things would go back to normal. He clutched at his hair in anger that there wasn't anything he could use for proof. Then, the sudden static came from his walkie talkie.

"Jace? Jace do you copy?" the voice said muffled. Jace grabbed the radio and pulled the antena up for better connection.

"Dustin? This is Jace I copy." he responded.

"I have a code red... dart grew again." Jace's eyes widened. Dustin had him the whole time?

"Wait. What!" he yelled into the radio.

"I'll explain later, meet me, Steve, and Lucas at the old junkyard." Dustin explained with clattering in the background.

"Steve? As in my brother?" Jace asked, very confused now.

"Yes, just bring your binoculars and be over here stat. Over and out."

Jace was about to say something but the radio went silent. Then it clicked, he had proof.

The boy continued to ring on the doorbell, he wasn't giving it up that easily. Max was obviously home or at least someone was. The door suddenly opened revealing a familiar red haired girl. Her eyes widened as she slammed the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?!" she whispered.

Jace took a deep breath, "I have proof."

Her eyes furrowed, "What?" Jace shook his head.

"Proof that what I told you was real. But we have to hurry." Jace explained and Max nodded.

"Meet me on the left side of the house." she explained as she went inside.

Jace rode his bike and went over to the side of the house where Max was jumping out of the window. The boy gestured towards the seat on the back of his bike, "Hop on and hold on." he said as Max finally sat down.

Jace started pedaling down the road when two arms wrapped around his waist quickly. "This better be good dimples." Max said resting her chin on the boys shoulder continuing to hang on by his chest.

After about 10 minutes Jace and Max had finally made it to the old junkyard. He heard commotion from over the hill and helped Max off the bike and towards the voices. They soon revealed themselves over the hill and Jace gave a small chuckle seeing Steve.

"I said medium well!" he exclaimed walking down the hill beside Max to go and help the group with whatever plan they were forming.

When Jace went to greet Steve, he was suddenly pulled behind the abandoned bus by Lucas and Dustin. "You told her?" Dustin snapped towards Jace and Lucas gave him a glare.

"So what? You wanted to tell her too!" Jace replied with a confused face.

"But we didnt alright? We agreed not to tell her and look for Dart." Lucas complied in a whisper.

Jace rolled his eyes and tried walking away but the boys just pushed him back against the bus. "Yeah, who Dustin conveniently found." he practically knew that Dustin had Dart the whole time. It made sense.

"Are you suggesting that I'm lying?" Dustin asked with wide eyes.

"I'm saying that you have a creepy little bond with him!" Dustin then rolled his eyes,