Chapter Eight

S2E9: The Gate

"Eleven." Mike gasped out before running up to the girl, pulling her into a big embrace. Both seemed to be crying now which made Jace's heart ache.

"Is that-" Max started to say, Jace nodding over to her with a smile. Jace then focused his attention back to Eleven and Mike who finally pulled away from each other.

"I never gave up on you." Mike started to say, "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days." Eleven gasped out, "I heard." she muttered, a tears falling down her cheek along with the black eyeliner she wore.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike snapped, his brows furrowing which made Jace's stomach turn. This wasn't going to end well.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper piped up, walking over to El, pulling her close and hugging her. "The hell is this? Where have you been?"

Mike watched with his jaw dropped half down as he realized what was going on. "You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" he screamed, running at Hopper and punching his chest.

"Hey!" Hopper yelled, taking his arm firmly. "Let's talk. Alone." he said pulling Mike into the hallway and into an empty room.

With commotion in the back room, Jace turned to Eleven who was greeting Lucas and Dustin now. He slowly approached the group listening to the conversation so he didn't interrupt.

"We missed you." said Lucas, hugging her along with Dustin who joined in.

"We talked about you pretty much everyday." Dustin said with a chuckle. Eleven then put a finger in Dustins mouth against his teeth.

"Teeth." she said as he swatted her hand away but she just put them right back. Dustin smiled realizing what she meant now.

"Oh you like those pearls?" he asked, making a purring sound which made everyone cringe around him. Eleven then turned seeing Jace and smiling as he walked up to her.

Jace pulled the girl into a tight hug, "Holy shit, I missed you." he said pulling away shortly after with a bright smile.

"I missed you too Jace." El muttered. Her eyes then fixed on the somewhat jealous girl behind Jace with red hair. Jace watched as her eyes fell on her with an angry expression.

Max then held her hand out with a smile to El, "Eleven? Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." she said. However, El just pushed past her, walking towards Joyce.

Jace sighed, putting an arm around Max as he saw her defeated face. "It's not personal. She just has a LOT of trust issues. Trust me, she didn't like some of us for the longest." he explained looking over at the girl. "I promise she'll come around okay?" he said causing Max to give a weak smile.

After more minutes of waiting for Hopper, he finally emerged from the back room, sitting down with everyone. Hopper sighed, starting to explain everything to Eleven and every thing that she had missed.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown." Hopper started explaining.

"The place is crawling with those dogs!" Mike protested, looking over at Eleven, worried.

"Demo-dogs!" Dustin said causing everyone to stare at him. "I'm sorry, what?" Nancy asked, her brows furrowing. "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs... you put them together it sounds pretty badass..." he explained, and embarrassed blush flushing over his face.

"How the hell is this important right now?" Jace snapped, looking at him with his eyebrows raised. "It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin said clearing his throat awkwardly.