Chapter Eight - Benjamin and Krum

Before this chapter starts - I'm going to address some things! Most of this chapter is from the actual Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament. Maya, Benjamin, Charlotte, Tina, Sarabella, Maya's brother and Otis are the only characters I own (currently).

Chapter Eight - Benjamin and Krum

M.G

The familiar bell finally rang. No matter how interesting Defense the Dark Arts could be, Professor Moody often dampened the mood. Not to mention, Charlotte could barely keep her excessive anxiety to a minimum.

The free period started - Maya knew Benjamin was waiting eagerly for her. She had begun taking a liking to this man. His dark eyes reminded her of Severus, although Benjamin's eyes were much kinder. Benjamin was the type to be closed off until he's in his own environment. His tousled black hair always seemed to be in his face, and his eye bags caused him to look excruciatingly tired.

Usually, Maya's free period consisted of quiet naps, studying or chatting gaily with the other girls among her year. Word spread quickly at Hogwarts, even Gryffindors would come up to her in the hallways. Many people would ask about her transfer process and her dear father - granted, Otis Gold was a well-known man.

"There she is!"

Maya stopped, spun around, and faced the voice. It was Benjamin. He walked next to her and flashed her a broad smile.

"Ben! How was class?" Maya asked. The two began walking towards the Slytherin Common Room.

"Bloody terrible! Snape was in the worst mood today." Benjamin grumbled and ran a pale hand through his dark hair.

Maya grimaced while they skipped down the stone steps, "I may or may not be the reason for that."

"Oh?"

"Someone's been stealing from his store. Can you believe that? Undoubtedly Hogsmeade produces a substantial amount of apothecary supplies."

"How much do you bet it's Peeves? Or better yet, the Weasley twins." Benjamin laughed cooly.

"Are the Weasley twins related to Ron Weasley?"

The potential downside of being a transferee was apparent. These students had grown up together - Maya didn't have the slightest clue as to who any of these people were.

"Mhm," Benjamin bobbed his head, "You really can't miss the Weasley family. They've all got bright red hair and loads of freckles. The identical twins are on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Fierce Beaters if you ask me."

They had finally reached the Slytherin common room - the fire was already lit and several people were already inside. Much to Maya's surprise, Benjamin was on the Slytherin Quidditch team. He didn't seem like an athletic boy - his slender frame caused him to look incredibly frail.

"What position do you play?" Maya asked as she sat down on a nearby couch.

Benjamin sat next to her, "Chaser," He picked up a piece of candy from a flowing bowl in front of him.

"I see."

Maya awkwardly twiddled with her tan fingers. She didn't know much about Quidditch...she hardly knew what chasers did.

"So," He faced her and popped another piece of candy into his mouth, "I need to know what you do with Snape. I can hardly imagine that man allowing you to stay with him in the morning."

"Professor Snape is a highly knowledgeable man. I respect him. We just go over defensive spells and tactics."

"Aren't you his assistant? What do you do?"