Chapter 1: Welcome to My Enemies

~Emily's POV. September 16th, 2020~

The sound of my alarm woke me from my sleep. 

"Seriously?" I groaned as I grabbed my phone and shut off the alarm. 

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before throwing my blanket out of my way, I got up and began getting ready for school. Once I was finished getting ready, I made sure I had everything I needed before throwing my bag over my shoulder and walked downstairs. Placing in an ear bud, I slid on my shoes before walking out the door.

It took me about 28 minutes to get to school, the first bell rings just as I walked inside so I jogged downstairs to my class. 

Glancing around the classroom, I noticed that my teacher, or "Moody Miller" as I call him, had glanced up at me. He had a look in his eyes but I shrugged it off as him being pissy as always, before sitting down in my seat. 

Due to the pandemic, I don't get to see my friends at school, I'm in the same class as one of them but sadly we go on different days. 

The second bell rang and the national anthem played.

"Emily, I need to speak with you in the hallway." Miller stood up then walked over to the door, "Ohhh." Everyone gasped as I stood up.

We go out into the hallway and he turns to me. 

"I need to speak with you after class." He told me, "Why can't you just tell me what you need to tell me now?" I questioned. "Because I have stuff to do." He said with attitude, I just agree with him and go sit back down.

I'm guessing it's about my grade since we don't learn anything in this class anyways. I opened my computer and started working on the quizzlets that were assigned, it's the only thing we do in this class.

We finished our "lesson" and begin packing our things up, the bell rang so everyone rushed out the door to leave but I stay behind, I open my phone and opened Spotify so I could listen to music on my way home. 

Scrolling through my playlist, I selected the song I wanted when I felt something hit my neck. I slide my hand against my neck when I felt something so I pulled it out, it was a dart. My vision became blurry and body felt numb, my body collapsed and I hit my head against a desk before falling to the ground.

~Donte POV. Time skip to next day~

I walked into class still worried about Pear, we've been such close friends since grade 7 and she went missing without a trace yesterday. I've tried messaging her phone and even calling her, no response. My thoughts were cut off by the sound of the bell ringing, I quickly rushed downstairs so I wouldn't be late.

 After the national anthem, everyone sat down and either went on their phones or actually did work.

"Donte, I need to speak with you in the hallway." Miller requested so I followed him out. 

"Donte I need you to stay after class today" He told me. "Can't you just tell me now?" I questioned.

"No, I have things to do." He rolled his eyes.

 "Wait...have you heard anything about Emily?" I asked before he goes back into the classroom, "No, I haven't." He said then walked into the classroom. 

Something in my gut is telling me that something is wrong, I shrugged it off before sitting down at my desk, Miller begins "teaching" but it's just stupid practices. Placing an air pod in my ear, I played my playlist to drown out anything else.

I sat there, staring at my computer screen. I didn't even realize how much time had passed until the bell rang and everyone began rushing out.

I placed everything in my bag and swung it over my shoulder as I leaned against my desk. Thinking how much time has passed since Pear and I met, when I felt something hit my neck. I slide my hand against my neck when I felt something, it was a dart. My vision became blurry and body felt numb, I collapsed to the ground with an echoing thud.