Chapter Fourteen: Pt. 1 Three Days

Photograph↲
Ed Sheeran

"Loving can hurt. Loving can hurt sometimes. But it's the only thing. That I know . . . "

The light danced with promise and new beginnings as the moon and stars dipped well below the horizon where the sun once rested. A faint crackle of chatter and laughter barely scathed the boy's ears as his feet pounded against the stone tiles—for the noises shrouding him had become so minuscule to the current problem brought on before him. As he ran the cluster of people began to fade; his distractions became a distant memory; his rage, confusion, and hurt continued to boil and fester.

It festered for far longer than he had initially imagined possible. He was close to his tipping point at any moment now.

Pulling to a halt he finally allowed his main senses to regain control of his body, finding himself standing in the middle of a small stone bridge. Something from out of a fairy tale. Short and ragged spouts of air pushed and wheezed past his parted lips—flowing as inconsistent and unpredictable as the river below him. That when he heard it—

A new set of footfalls thundering against the stones he once graced.

"Piss off," he growled at the newcomer, tiny fists balling up at his sides.

The elder held his chin high, eye sharp with irritation. "No. You know, you've been a real pain in my ass the past few days,"

"Oh really—" the younger spun on his heel, "—then why the hell are you still here, Katsuki?"

With a set jaw Katsuki stepped forward. "You know why,"

"No . . . I don't know why. I don't know anything at this point, and it's really starting to piss me the fuck off!" his words ricocheted off the trees and water, bouncing back at him in an anger-filled chorus. "I should have never agreed to this . . . to any of this!"

"Yeah, but you did. You want to know why? Because you took it upon yourself to take care of a woman who doesn't give two shits whether or not you live or die!" Katsuki shot back, "That's just being a plain idiot, Izuku,"

Izuku scoffed. "Takes one to know one I guess,"

Ignoring his comment the elder takes a few steps forward once more. "I mean . . . what the fuck is wrong with you?" he voiced, "Do you enjoy forming emotional attachments to people who end up hurting you instead of loving you. Is that what you like—what're you masochistic or something?"

"What the hell do you know about love, Katsuki?" Izuku growled, "You're just some spoiled little rich boy looking to make it big on his social media with his fans. You don't know shit about love, and you sure don't know shit about me!"

Stunned to silence, Katsuki staggers back.

"You don't know what it's like to be loved and appreciated!"

Izuku kissed Katsuki on the tip of his nose. "I'm so proud of you,"

"You don't know what it's like to only have one person be there in your life, whether it's good or bad!"

Izuku carded his fingers through Katsuki's hair, the thumping of his heart slowly lulling the sixteen-year-old male to sleep. "I promise to never leave your side, Katsuki Bakugou."

"My mother, my friends, they are all I have—and someone like you will never understand that. I don't know who this boy you keep mentioning is . . . but it sounds to me like he dodged a bullet when he dropped dead,"

. . .

"Katsuki you can't go in there!"

. . .