Chapter Eighteen: It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

Stone↲ 
Jaymes Young

"So, give me all your pain, love will set you free. Give me all your shame, put all your weight on me . . ."

≡         

You'd think standing in the rain—clothes pressing lithely against the skin, and socks soaked to the brim—that he would be rather upset. Infuriated, even. And yet Katsuki Bakugou was most likely the happiest man on Earth at the moment.

The second his childhood nickname scattered through the rain-beaten air his heart burst into flames. Perhaps it was the emotional cluster that had caverned its way into the depths of his chest, or maybe the significance Izuku's greeting had meant. Either way, the words touched Katsuki in a way he would never be able to describe.

Just hours ago he had given up hope. He had come to terms with his mistakes over the previous months—accepting that no matter what he tried Izuku may never listen to reason with him. And now? Now he suffocating with each pent up emotion he buried away. Torrents of his grief and euphoria danced hand-in-hand down the long path of his mind, unleashing through his veins with vehemence. 

Because, damn it, Izuku remembered him. He remembered. That much was clear in the guilty and hurt expression painting the boy's face.

Katsuki printed his face to memory, savoring the moment until he could practically taste it on the tip of his tongue. This was yet another memorable moment within his lifetime: the day he realized Izuku remembered him. It was one he never wanted to dismiss.

Ineluctably, time sped up as Izuku began taking tentative steps towards him. Fingers half-curled and arms outstretched towards the other boy, ignoring the curtain of rain that blanketed over him. Katsuki held perfectly still—trying to wrap his head around the complex emotions and thoughts that flooded him. Was he dreaming? Had none of this actually occurred? 

No, he brushed those thoughts aside, for the second Izuku's finger pressed softly against his own skin he was convinced: this was not a dream. The revelation only added to his exhilarate mood. A hum nestled through his throat as the warmth of Izuku's flesh contrasted against the cold rain. It took Katsuki a moment to see past the water gliding down Izuku's cheeks to realize that the boy was crying—another moment to realize he was too.

"I—how? You were . . . and then I . . ." Katsuki cursed himself at his lack of coherent words, not that Izuku seemed to mind. "How?" he finally breathed out, hoping the simple word was enough for the boy to grasp what he meant.

Izuku swallowed thickly, nipping his lip with Katsuki deftly pushed his wet curls from his eyes. "I was so . . . confused about everything, I wasn't sure what or who to believe. My head hurt like hell—literally—and I ran back to the penthouse . . . then I fell down the stairs—"

"You fell down the stairs?" Katsuki repeated, eyes wide with worry as he examined Izuku for any bruises or bumps.

"Why is everyone missing the point of this?" Izuku groaned exasperatedly before continuing. "It was because I fell down the stairs that I started remembering . . . I think. But I'm really sorry I ran away on you and didn't let you explain it was my fault—I should have listened to you and—"

The blond smiled tenderly at the boy pressing his forehead against Izuku's, inhaling the scent he harbored which only amplified from the rain. Too many emotions coursed through him, but for the first time in a long time . . . they had time to get it all out. Izuku—seemingly aware of what Katsuki wanted—angled his head to the side to lightly press his lips to the elder. 

Fuck.

With a wide grin, Katsuki kissed back, ignoring the squishing of his socks, or how his hair matted against his eyes. No, all that mattered was Izuku. His hands roaming his shoulders, his lips on his, their breathing tangling. All he could feel was Izuku—his Izuku. They pulled back, just as he was about to kiss him again a sneeze broke through Izuku's lips.