Chapter Sixteen: Where You Go I Follow . . .

Best Part↲
Danie Caesar ft. H.E.R

"Where you go I follow . . . If you love me, won't you say something?"

Izuku relaxed slightly into the arctic touch of Todoroki's hand, very pleased that it was his friend that had walked in and not . . . No, he wasn't ready for him just yet. Hell, he wasn't ready to face these confusing revelations on his own, let alone face Katsuki Bakugou: the cause of it all.    

Albeit, Ashido looked anything but pleased to see the duel-haired male. Her shoulders had squared and her jaw went taut, eyes sharp and keen as she eyed the male. Feeling the uncontrollable urge to get up and kick him in . . . well, a not-so-sunny place. 

"Hello, Ashido. Apologies for barging in like this, but I need to speak with Midoriya," he explained politely, noticing the obvious glare plastered on her face. "If that's all right with you?" an eyebrow shot up.

Shakily, Izuku places the box down, getting up with weak limbs and a confused mind. He tried to swallow, finding his mouth to be uncomfortably dry and aching—like a wildfire ripping through his throat. The voices from his two friends had been placed beneath a thick film, coming out muffled and incoherent to his ears. Not that he cared.

He was . . . fuck, he didn't know what he was. 

Confused?

Shocked?

Upset?

It all blurred together into one jumble of emotions, rendering him speechless, thoughtless, numb.  He staggered out the dressing room, probably muttering an apology to Ashido on the way out—or maybe he didn't. He wasn't paying attention to what he was doing exactly, his body had switched gears and was now operating on auto-pilot. The real Izuku had been buried deep within the walls of uncertainty and such mind-numbing bewilderment.

And as he staggered out into the cool hallway—eyes defocused, breathing shallow, and skin that rippled with discomfort—he shuddered a breath. A breath of relief? A breath of aching shock? Again, he wasn't sure at this point . . . nothing nor no one could even begin to try and make sense of any of this.

Nobody but the one boy he didn't want to see.

"—Midoriya?" 

Izuku pressed his back against the wall, feeling the prickling sensation in his skin erupt and manifest into something far greater. Eating away at his coherency.

"Midoriya, are you all right?"

A finger looped tightly around his curl, tugging down as if tugging away at his previous thoughts. He shook his head with vehemence, the trenches of his mind burning and throbbing causing his head to swirl. And just as he felt the weighted desire to faint another cool hand pressed against his forehead . . . Todoroki.

"Sorry," Izuku mumbled, ". . . I was feeling a little nauseated. I didn't eat much today," the lie burned, slipping off his tongue and he instantly regretted it.

Todoroki blinked. Once. Twice. Seeming unconvinced yet he didn't press for answers. "Well, you should get some food in you—but I didn't come here to discuss that." he shook his head, as if trying to remember what brought him there.

"Then what did you need, Todo?"

"Oh, that's right. Your mother—"

Another throbbing ache illuminatingly made itself known once more, a brief flash of memories slipping through. It dissipated just as quickly as it had been brought on.