Chapter Four - To Little Adventures.

Chapter Four

It was nearing the first of September when the hectic screaming overtook the silence in the Hopkins household. Judy was frantically running around her house packing all that she could into her own little suitcase whilst simultaneously trying her best to grab what she could for her kids upstairs.

Douglas was calmly trying to help Alina pack, but the young girl was making it rather difficult for him when she was adamant that her mother had said she could bring five of her toys with them on the journey. Douglas, though, knew very well that she was only allowed two at the most when Judy had warned him not to give in to Alina.

The other three were trying their best to pack at a reasonable rate...well, Alfie couldn't care less. He was having a major tantrum when he found out he had to go with them, even begging his parents that he was old enough to stay by himself but they weren't having it, he was only fifteen and it was a very difficult task to persuade Judy Hopkins.

"We have to be out this door in ten minutes!" A frustrated Judy screamed up the stairs to her kids, running a tired hand through her hair and almost stumbling when she climbed up said stairs.

"You have to talk to her," said Douglas, coming out of Alina's room with a frown on his face. He felt very bad saying no to her puppy dog eyes and soon took all of the things from Judy's hands and directed her into their youngest's room. He had decided not to deal with it.

"I can't find my boots!" Adria exclaimed. Her and Benji were packing a lot more than the other members of their family as they would be packing for the whole year.

She remembered the day well when one Professor Slughorn showed up at their house dragging along two giant trunks behind him. They were brand new, Adria could tell, but they seemed rather old fashioned in style. She didn't mind though; they were definitely large enough to fit as much as she could.

Professor Slughorn had warned them to pack tight and leave a lot of room at the top of their trunks. Neither kids knew why but they didn't want to disobey him because his stern voice was slightly intimidating. It was hard to pack light, but Adria tried her best and she believed she had packed tight enough that there was room at the top.

Though she couldn't find the boots she wished to wear today.

"They're in the kitchen!" Benji shouted back, focusing on his own case. He had tried to pack his football but it didn't seem to work out very well in his favour. He was unsure if that was allowed so finally decided to take it out. He finally closed over the lid of his trunk and decided he wasn't touching it anymore.

"We have to meet Horrace in London at 12pm, now if you will all hurry your butts up!" Judy screeched, practically a high-pitched wail, and the Hopkins family clamoured down the stairs with their bags. When Judy's voice raised a higher octave, the kids knew they would be in serious trouble if they didn't listen to her.

Alina was the first to bound down the stairs, with one toy in her hand and one in her suitcase she wasn't too happy that she wasn't allowed to take them all but her mother had convinced her that she only needed two for the week ahead.

Next was a grumbling Alfie, ignoring the grin his mother gave him and silently cursing under his breath that nothing was fair and that he was old and mature enough to stay on his own. Judy knew herself that if that were the case, he wouldn't have become such a stroppy teenager and that she and her husband had made the right decision to bring him.

She truly did not trust the boy on his own in the house.

Douglas pulled both his and Judy's suitcases down the stairs soon after, kissing his wife on the way by and rather proud of himself for his own timekeeping skills. It wasn't long until the twins heaved their heavy trunks from their rooms, unsure if they should be excited or sad that they wouldn't see their home until Christmas.

It felt so far away and Adria was having mixed emotions bubbling in her stomach. She didn't like the idea of being so far from her family for the majority of the year and she knew that if it were possible she would have them all, even Alfie, at this school with her.

She was more than glad that Benji was going with her too, she wasn't sure what she would do if he wasn't.

It was as though this idea that this wasn't just any old school, but a magical school, had failed to click in either of their heads and it was partly their own fault. They were trying to push the idea of impossible from their heads that the word magic never crossed their minds.

"You both got everything?" asked Judy, a comforting smile on her face that the twins would truly miss every day. They knew that it would be tough without their mum there to help them along the way, it seemed almost cruel to take kids as young as eleven away from their parents to teach them.

Judy, as much as she was trying to be supportive, was not happy about it.

"I think so," said Adria, looking at Benji who nodded.

"I don't really want to go," said Benji, with a frown, "I don't want to leave Scotland."

"I get that completely," said Adria, frowning all the same. She was excited, of course, but sometimes her fear and nerves would overwhelm her, "I'm scared."

"I know." Judy took them both in for a tight hug, kissing both of their foreheads, "I know you're both scared, and worried. I know you don't know what you're getting in for but it will also be exciting, and wonderful and new. It'll be your own little adventure!"

"What if we don't like this adventure?" asked Benji, still a scared and sad look resting on his face, "what if its worse than we all think?"

"Then you come home, and I'll make you hot chocolate and we'll watch some of the best movies we have and it'll be a distant memory," she said, with a warm smile, "but I truly doubt that."

"Alright then," Benji nodded, squeezing his mum just a little tighter before they all let go, "time to go."