7. Nine Lives

How did she get here?

"Class please welcome Persephone Watanabe," Eraserhead announces. Or wait, she supposed she was to refer to the man as Mr. Aizawa now that she was his student. His prisoner. He was to make sure she didn't escape or cause any trouble.  

So many faces staring at her. Two of them were familiar. One of the two was giving her such a fierce look she wanted to disappear. The rest of them regarded her curiously. She hated them all. She hated Mr. Aizawa. Principal Nezu too. Everyone that forced her into this. Hades. Father. Her list was endless.

"As class rep, I welcome you to our school. My name is Tenya Iida," a booming voice announces.

Persephone lifts her gaze, meeting the eyes of a tall boy with glasses. Her golden eyes were dull, the corners of her mouth pointed downwards.

Maybe her reaction wasn't what he expected because the boy sat back down, clearing his throat. From the corner of her eye, Persephone saw a blond boy covering his mouth to contain his laughter. Other than the boys' amusement, the air was stiff and awkward. Persephone's reaction clearly wasn't what they were expecting. 

"As some of you may have heard, Miss Watanabe is apart of the new Youth Reform Hero Program. For those of you that don't know we find school-age criminals who have Quirks that could be valuable to hero society and bring them into our school in the hopes of allowing them to reform instead of spending time in prison."

A girl with black hair in a ponytail raises her hand. Aizawa nods in her direction and she speaks. "Wouldn't it be better to start with a younger student? Or even placing her in a class with first years?"

"The original intention was to start with someone younger but both the Commission and Principal Nezu believe that Watanabe would make for a valuable hero. As for your second question, it would have been easier but Watanabe has experience somewhat with hero work as she was a vigilante before coming here. I also believe this class is especially fit for handling this situation better than some random class of first years ever could. Does anyone have any more questions?"

No one raised their hands but Persephone sensed a change in atmosphere. They were looking at her like a puzzle. A new challenge. Some of them had pity in their eyes. Persephone's rage only grew. 

"Now that that is done you can sit down and we'll get class started," Mr. Aizawa tells her.

"Gee," she finally says. Her gaze falls on a lone desk in front of everyone else's. "I wonder which ones mine."

No one reacts. No one laughs.

Persephone sits down, propping her head in her hands. Her tail squishing was the only sign of her agitation. She could have sworn she heard a voice mumble something about "cute catgirls" and her ears perked up.

As Aizawa spoke Persephone could feel numerous pairs of eyes on her back. One in particular had her neck tingling. Bakugou Katsuki. Everyone but the explosive blond had been watching her when she stood in front of all of them. He hadn't looked at her until she was moving into her seat. So why was he watching her now? It annoyed her. She was here because of him. He was the one that trapped her in a fate she had actively avoided. Now all she could do was sit back and let another organization train her to be a weapon.

She looked up at the clock, eager to escape into her room. She'd have a little time to get situated before she had to attend her remedial courses. So she could get her provisional hero license. The thought made her sick. Her parents would be horrified. Fuck. She blinked several times at the thought, her chest suddenly hurting.

"Hey uh are you okay?"

Persephone's head snapped up, her eyes meeting a pair of concerned green ones. She looked around, realizing they were the only two in the room still. When had class ended? Mr. Aizawa wasn't even in the room. Which probably meant he was waiting for her in the training room. She stands, gathering her books.