Mikey x reader Part 4

Requested by @LAZY-EMMY

Title: Something Delightful

Mikey was excited, to say in the least. He was having to physically contain himself from jumping from joy. Ever since he got a girlfriend, such a loving one at that, he'd been off the walls ever since he heard he could see their future together. He'd heard about Leo's perfect, Raph's near-perfect, and Donnie's seemingly-perfect futures, he'd been practically seeing rainbows with the joy that he was sure was coming soon enough.

It was a late night, about eight when Donnie called him and (y/n) into the lab. Donnie looked drained. He'd looked drained ever since he returned from his trip, but he convinced everyone he was just tired and the trip took a lot out of him.

Mikey was the youngest, but he knew better. Since he wasn't fawning over his own future yet, he could see something was wrong with Donnie. Though, after asking, he didn't do anything but repeat his same answer, so Mikey left him alone.

"Are you ready?" Donnie muttered to them as he typed something on his computer. Mikey and (y/n), tightly gripping each other's hands, nodded. Donnie sighed and passed a button to (y/n). "Only press this when you are ready to come back." He enunciated and she nodded with a thumbs up.

Mikey didn't complain about the remote's commander; he had other things on his mind. Would they have a baby? Where would they live? Did (y/n)'s-

Mikey's few thoughts were cut off by Donnie pressing a button on his control system. A bright flash and a ringing in his ears and then they were gone.

"I hope..." Donnie muttered as he turned away from the platform and back to his computer.

Mikey opened his eyes and looked around.

"(Y/n)?" He called as he treaded forward in the sewers after realizing she wasn't with him. He walked a few feet forward and then stopped. It wasn't smart of him to leave where they'd "spawned", he knew that much. Instead, he made his way back to where he'd woken up without turning his back and sat down, stabbing a tiny knife into the concrete beside him.

Crossing his legs, he then put his hands on his knees and was silent. Listening as intently as he could, he waited until the silence was unbearable.

Drip. Drip. Water.

Scratch. Scrabble. Rat.

Step. Pause. Step. His eyes opened.

Immediately, he stood up and began sprinting forward, knowing exactly where his beautiful girlfriend was. Taking a few turns and different directions, he finally skidded to a stop as he noticed her. There she was.

(Y/n) was sitting with her back towards a wall, knees up to her chest and head against the wall, eyes closed as she listened to something. There was an opening in the wall a few feet away from her; a giant empty doorway of sorts, a light coming from it.

"(Y/n)? How'd you get over here?" Mikey wondered as he quietly trekked over to her. Sitting beside her, he set his hand down on her knee and looked over at her. "Are you okay?"

She smiled gently at him, putting her hand over his. She nodded and tilted her head at his worried face as he looked forward, putting her free hand under his chin to make him look at her again.

"Because I woke up and you weren't there and I thought I was alone and something had happened to you-" (Y/n) smiled as she leaned up and pecked Mikey's lips, effectively shutting him up. Pointing to a sewer hole in front of them, his mouth dropped and he internally cursed himself. There was a knife in the concrete a little ways into the hole. Mikey facepalmed as he thought back. If he had just turned around, he would've seen her.