[one]

•  past •

Lily sat under one of trees outside of the castle, it's thick branches covered in leaves shaded her as she read. It was a nice autumn day out. Perfect for reading a nice book without getting pestered by-

"LILYPAD!" She groaned. Never mind. Looking up from her book, she glared at the direction the voice came from. James Potter, with Sirius Black behind him, was walking toward her and her tree. Well, James was more like jogging over. They sat on a log that was close by, James too close for Lily's liking but then again, him getting anywhere close was too close for her.

"Hey Lilypad~" James said as she ignored him and went back to her book. "What do you want, Potter?" She spat out but didn't look up at him. Sirius simply sat aside and watched as James failed to flirt with Lily. She only rolled her eyes and replied with a quick comeback, always saying no to when he asked her out for the hundredth time.

"Come on, Lilypad! Just one date!" The Gryffindor boy whined as he pleaded said girl for a date, like he had done since first year. "I said no, Potter! I don't want to be another brainless bim-" The sudden rushed footsteps coming toward them stop her from continuing. A boy with cafe au lait brown skin and light blonde, short hair that was brushed forward. His head was down as he sat down next to Lily and grabbed the book from her hands, putting it up to his face to cover it.

Ignoring the confused looks from the two boys, Lily looked over at the person next to her with a curiously yet slightly amused by this. "What did you d- you know what, I'm not even going to ask." She went to ask but seemed to know better before pulling another book out of her bag.

Before anyone else could say anything, McGonagall and Flich came over, huffing and puffing from running around. The professor looked at the Gryffindor girl and asked, "Ms. Evans, have you seen Ms. White anywhere? We can't seem to find her."

Lily nonchalantly shrugged and shook her head, starting to understand what was happening. "No Miss, I can't say I have."

McGonagall sighed and said, "Well, if you do, please let us know." Before the two adults ran off again toward the castle to look for 'Ms. White.' Once they were out of hearing distance, Lily turned to her friend, well what the two Gryffindor boys could assume was her friend, and asked, "What on Earth did you do to already have Flich AND Mcgonagall on your tail?"

The blonde haired boy had put down the book and answered, "Something that may or may not have snakes involved..." The last part especially soft. The red haired girls eyes widened as she heard what he had said.

"Did-did you just say snakes?"

"What? Nobody said anything about snakes. Who said anything about snakes?" The boys face said one thing, but his quick innocence words said another. The fake innocence in his eye and slight smirk on his face said a completely different one. And James was not happy with it.

He stood up from his spot and said confidently, "Dude, back off. I already called dibs." Both Lily and the other Gryffindor boy looked at each other with surprise and slight amusement before they they burst out into laugher. Both boys looked at each other and then back to the pair under the tree.

The dark skinned boy pulled out the front of his shirt and looked down at his chest. "Nope, just making sure that their still there." Which made Lily's giggles turn into full on laughter as she leaned her head back onto the trunk of the tree. Sirius and James' eyes widened as they realized their mistake.

He-well, she was a girl. They both looked at the girl in shock as she stood up, her own laughter starting to subside. She ran a hand through her hair, from her hairline to the ends of her hair. As her finger went through her once short blonde hair turned to long, wavy white hair with a lavender tinge. Her Gryffindor boys uniform was now a girls uniform with large black boot heels with grips on the bottom.

"Well I think I'll leave you three be before McGonagall figures out that your "guy friend" isn't actually a guy." She gave them a small smirk and Lily a wink before walking toward the castle, hips swaying as she did so. Getting over their immediate shock, Sirius called after her, obviously very entranced by the mysterious girl.

"Wait, you didn't give us your name!"

"No, I didn't!" She called back, not even turning around but waving at them over her shoulder, back of her hand to them.

'Wow...'