[afterword]

• future •

Sirius and Astara Black watched from above as Harry and his family, along with Hermione and Ron's since they got married, stood outside the Hogwarts Express.

Harry's second youngest child, Albus, would be starting his first year at Hogwarts today while his older brother was starting his third.

Astara and Sirius had ended up getting married before the war, making her Astara Yasmin Black. But they both ended up dying in the Second Wizarding War, along with Remus, Tonks and many others as well.

Their heaven had morphed into the Gryffindor common room, their favorite place, with the floor transparent so they could watch their godson grow his own family.

When they had first got there, it was already like this but Lily, James and Remus were there. And you can be sure as hell that James teased Remus and Sirius about being old.

Soon after they died, Harry and Ginny, the youngest Weasley, got married and had James Sirius Potter, named after Harry's father and godfather. Then Albus Severus Potter, the second oldest. And lastly, Lily Astara Potter. (She totally teared up at this).

Astara and her husband sat on the common room red couch as they watched Harry gave his son a peep talk. Sirius's arm behind her head and wrapped around her shoulder, her head resting on his chest. She smiled to herself as she watched.

She was happy that she got to time she did with her godson, even though she wished she was with him longer. She wished that she could have helped him more. But as she watched him grow into a mature adult, she realized that he didn't need any help. He was fine. She had done all she could so now, she watched, making sure it stayed that way.

"Hey," Sirius started, making his wife turn her head to look up at him, "We did good, right?"

She chuckled softly with a small smile as she looked back down to see Harry waving off his sons. Astara had hoped that she would have lived to see and hold her grandniece and grandnephews. She hoped that she would have had more time with her husband when they were live, but this was great too. Why?

"Yeah...we did great."

Because they were together after all.

~Fin~