[fourteen]

present •

When Astara got a letter about what happened at the last trial of the Tri-Wizard tournament, she panicked. She had gotten a letter from both Harry and Minvera. She was worried for the sake of her godson. He was back. Of course she believed her nephew/godson. Besides, she had been feeling the evil lurking anyway so, it didn't take much.

Astara went to the train station, once seeing Harry, she pulled him into the tightest hug like he would disappear if she let go but, thankfully for Harry's lungs, she let go. She even offered Ron and Hermione a ride home but they had it covered.

She and Harry did as they normally did on summer break. Astara made breakfast, they tended to the plants outside, she painted while Harry practiced spells and Qudditch. They always had fun whether they were together or on opposite sides of the house.

Since the raising of the Dark Lord, both Astara and Harry were having nightmares. Astaras about Lily and James dying, Sirius being taken, while Harry's were about his parents and Voldemort himself. They had problems that they could always come to each other with. And that was more than Harry had ever had.

***

Harry had decided in the late afternoon that he wanted to visit his old playground even though it was in a Muggle town. It was really just a large open field with dead grass, a few slides, monkey bars and a swing set but no one ever went there and he wanted to think about some stuff.

He had been gone for a hour already plus travel time when the sky started to darken and rain started to pour. There was thunder, making Astara jump at the loud sound, and then was a strike of lighting.

The power went out so Astara  started to light some candles. Her hair had turned from her natural white hair to dark grey with lighter grey in the front. Fear.

She had never liked the dark, or loud noises for that matter. She could remember sitting in the living room when she was six, waiting for her parents to get home but they never did.

Astara sat on the couch, reading a book by the candle light as she waited for Harry to be home and soon she hoped. She hopped up at the sound of the door knocking.

She opened it and saw Harry with Mrs. Figg, a squib that Dumbledore had put in charge of keeping an eye on Harry when he was still at the Dursley's.

Astara immediately pulled her godson into a tight hug before pulling back and thanking the older woman. Mrs. Figg smiled at her and assured her it was no trouble at all before departing.

The grey haired woman turned to Harry, her hair starting to fade back to its normal white coloring. She quickly walked to the bathroom and grabbed a towel for him to dry his hair. "Harry what happened? You were gone for awhile."

He stalled for a minute as he tried to figure out how he was going to get himself out of this one. "Well, you see-" Before he could finish his sentence, a letter flew in from fireplace and stop right in front of them.

Like a Howler, it opened into a face and said, "Dear Mr. Potter, The ministry has received intelligence that at 6:23 this evening, you performed the Patronus charm in the presence of a muggle. As a clear violation of the decree for the reasonable restriction of underage sorcery, you are hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hoping you are well, Mafalda Hopkirk."

The talking letter turned back to a normal one and fell to the floor. Harry looked at his aunt, who currently had her back to him. She wasn't moving, wasn't talking, or anything to show emotion except her hair. Shrinking from its long light grey hair, it shortened to a bob and faded into orange for irritation or annoyance.

Astara slowly turned her body towards him and his eyes widened. It was like watching something out of a horror movie only worse because it was his aunt. Her body was seeping with anger as she looked at him.

'Oh boy.'

A/N: So sorry that it's so short! School has been a pain in the butt so I haven't had much time or energy to write. I'm hoping to have a schedule together soon. Thank you for the patience! 💕👍