Trouble Follows

"I'm coming!" You shouted, making Shanks snicker.

You'd hardly had time to shower after getting off work and someone was knocking at your door nonstop. A couple days had passed since you'd agreed to try a relationship and things were going smoothly so far. The only real issue was he still had a hard time moving around freely without someone hitting up his favorite spots. You'd tried going out drinking the other night only to run into one of his "government friends." Needless to say, you didn't actually make it into the bar.

In all honesty, since he didn't need to hunt anymore it wouldn't have been a big deal but they still would have watched you two the entire time and you weren't keen on being stalked. You were still a little uneasy about people figuring out what you were. And it was that sense of unease that grew when you opened the front door.

Two men stood in front of you, dressed head to toe in expensive looking black suits with slick matching shoes. The first, strangely enough, wore a black ball cap with the slightest bits of bright orange hair poking out from under it, his nose seemed longer than most and a bit more angular as well, giving him a very interesting face. He looked young but his eyes were sharp and attentive. The second man was much taller with a bulkier build. His face was solemn, covered in a well maintained, short beard and his black hair was formed in a strange style, like two horns at the top of his head. You could tell exactly why they were here.

"Can I help you boys?" You asked.

In contrast, you wore nothing but a loose tee and shorts and were still dabbing at your damp hair with a towel. The orange haired man seemed a bit taken aback by your casual appearance while his friend was still stoic, glancing past you to where Shanks sat on the couch.

"Possibly." The first recovered and cleared his throat. "I apologise for our sudden intrusion, but we'd like to ask you a few questions."

"For what?" You slung the towel over your arm and jutted out a hip, placing your hands on either side for a bit of attitude.

His partner spoke up, focusing back on you lazily. "My name is Blueno and this is Kaku. We are here with the supernatural investigation unit."

Like well oiled machines, they pulled out badges, flashing their official identification cards to match what he'd said.

You let out a quick impressed whistle. On the outside, you seemed calm and maybe full of too much sass but on the inside, you were freaking out. Shanks didn't think they'd come to your door so you assumed the same. Apparently you were both wrong.

"No wonder you guys look all dressed up. Work dress codes suck, right?"

"I'm afraid we need to cut to the chase miss (L/n)." Kaku continued. "May I speak to you?"

"Mr. Shanks." Blueno looked past you once again. "I'll be taking a moment of your time as well.

A hint of fear must have flashed in your eyes. Kaku's gaze sharpened further and his lips pressed into a fine line while you forced a smile to recover.

Not only did they know where you and Shanks were, they somehow had your name. You hadn't mentioned it and the thought that they most likely did some digging to find it was alarming.

"I suppose." Shanks sighed.

"Miss (L/n)?" Kaku raised and eyebrow at you and you quickly nodded.

"Yeah, sure."

They decided to divide and conquer. Kaku seemed to be overall, more polite than his colleague and decided to question you in the living room while Blueno took Shanks outside. You would have told them to shove their questions up their asses and come back with a warrant or cuffs but Shanks somehow thought this was better. You figured he was the expert when it came to things like this and went along with it to the best of your ability but that wasn't to say you were going to make things easy for Kaku.