Year 6•6

Slughorn was holding a Christmas dinner and party, and everyone was allowed to bring a date or someone but Y/N didn't know anyone. However she desperately wanted to invite someone, someone to talk to. She walked over to the Slytherin study hall as she looked Draco who was writing on parchment. "Are you doing anything today?" Y/N asked, sitting down next to him. "What do you need?" He asked, not even raising his eyes from the parchment. "Slughorn is hosting a Christmas evening and I need a date." Y/N spoke. She waited a few seconds and received no response.

"Look Draco, I really don't like you at all but I really need someone. I let you kiss me to help you out, can't you do this favor for me." Y/N blurted looking at Draco.

He sighed before letting go of his parchment..

"I'll go with you." Draco replied before walking off.

She rolled her eyes, she just hoped he would show up and not let her standing.
———

"Here let me help you." Pansy said as she walked to Y/N. Y/N nodded as Pansy grabbed the necklace.

"There." Pansy said as she sat on her bed. "Thank you." Y/N said as she pulled out a curler. "I love whatever that thing is called, what is it called?" Pansy asked looking at the curler.
"It's a curler, it basically makes your hair more swirly." Y/N said laughing at the end.

"Muggles and their inventions." Pansy laughed. "Okay I should be heading out now." Y/N said standing up. She was wearing a beige dress with her hair curled. "Is it too much?" Y/N asked Pansy. "No you look amazing." She replied.

" She replied

She smiled at Pansy as she left the girls dormitories

"Blaise where's draco?" Y/N asked Blaise who was seated next to the fire place. "He left a few minutes ago." Blaise replied reading a book.

She nodded as she walked out. She hoped Draco was already there waiting for her, she didn't want to be alone for the party. Espically since Harry was there, she wondered who he invited.

She opened the door, the classroom was decorated with a light green and gold.  "Hello Avaline!" Slughorn said as he approached her. "Hello Professor, I like your decorations." Y/N replied and gave a small smile. "Thank you dear, who did you invite?" He asked. "Oh he isn't here yet." Y/N gave a fake laugh. "Oh okay, enjoy the party!" He said as he walked away. She nodded as she walked to the corner of classroom.

"Drink?" A boy asked her. "Hello Neville, I'll take one." Y/N said grabbing a goblet. "How do you know me?" Neville asked weirdly. "What do you mean, I'm Y/N?" She asked.

"Oh Y/N, sorry ever since you and Harry's split I haven't seen you." He said looking at the floor. Of course, the whole split caused a distance between everyone. However, if I was talking someone who had no problem with me, and spoke to Harry. He wouldn't mind telling me about him. "Oh, does he speak of me?" Y/N asked taking a sip from the goblet. "Yeah he does, rather jealous these days." Neville replied walking away.

She looked at the floor as she waited for Draco to arrive. Where could he be. A few minutes passed until she heard a familiar voice. "Take your hands of me, filthy squib!" She heard she turned to see Draco being hold by Filch. "Professor Slughorn, I just discovered this boy lurking  in an upstairs corridor. He claims he was invited to your party." Filch spoke.

"He was, he's my date." Y/N said interrupting. "Oh." Filch said. He let go of Draco and walked away. "You alright?" Y/N asked organizing his suit. "Yeah, just a squib." Draco said fixing his hair. They both stayed awkward before Draco blurted out. "I'm so sorry Y/N, I need to go. I promise I'll make it up to you." Draco said putting his hands together then leaving the room. Y/N gave a fake smile then looked at the floor. So she was officially stood up.

"Man I should've stayed in the common room." Y/N told herself as she drank from the goblet again.

"You alright?" She heard a voice. Someone who she was so glad to see. "Yes Ginny, I'm glad your talking to me." Y•
SN said laughing at the end. "Oh yeah, only me and my twin brothers are the only ones who've spoken to you." Ginny spoke.

"Yeah, Draco stood me up and I was about to leave." Y/N said taking a sip from her goblet. "You never told me about you and Harry's break up." Ginny suggested. "Oh, he just said it wasn't safe. And it's true but I would go through everything with him." Y/N replied.

"I know he likes you, did you see how he looked at you in the hogs head." Ginny said. Y/N's mind went blank. He did?" Y/N asked putting the goblet down. "Yeah, he got jealous when he saw Draco kiss you." Ginny said looking around.

Y/N looked at the floor. "Okay well I have to go back to Dean, see you!" Ginny said waving before she walked.

Y/N had questions, had Harry been the reason Draco kissed her. She had to know.