Prologue

"What do we do?" The sisters ask each other

"Darkness is befalling this earth what could possibly be powerful enough to stop it?" the first sister said

The eldest  looks at her two sisters

"only one thing can save us"

They looked at her with curiosity.

"love"

———

"La la la" the little girl hums to her mothers melody.

She skips all the way to her little brown cottage just a little beyond the village and near the forest.

Carrying a basket of berries her mother has asked her to collect in her place.

She stops midway across the bridge and looks at the edge down and the cool water.

"Hello fishies" she whispers gently as she could see them through the water.

She leaves and continues her way home hopping and skipping all the way.

Just as she was about to open the wooden door she hears a loud scream and pots being broken the commotion happening made her worried sick for her family so just when she was about to burst into the cottage her mother came running out carrying her little brother.

"We need to run" "but papa?" her mother grabbed her hand dropping the basket and ran into the forests.

They ran  across the tall grass, across the well ,and in between the trees ducking and turning.

Footsteps were catching up to them from the distance.

Her mother took a sharp turn and enters a small cave.

She handed her, her little brother and looked at her with her big brown eyes "I need you to run as fast as you can into the village and yell for help" she nods

"Make sure you go to a crowded place with many people"

"But-

"No buts you will run and you will not turn back do you understand me?" She looks at her with a serious face but she could tell her mother was afraid.

"I understand"

With one last kiss on her forehead she whispered

"I love you Freya" and with that she's gone

The little girl gets up grabs her brother, carrying him and runs as fast as her legs could take her rushing into the village screaming for help.