Common or not

Elliot enough!" I scream at my 12 year old brother.
"No no no" he teases
"Ugh stop acting like a 2 year old and put the freakin  pots down!
He skips around the table

"I said ENOUGH!" I shriek

He looks at me in shock and slowly puts down the pot
"I'm sorry it's just our rent is tomorrow and I barely have enough money" I cover my forehead with a hand and start thinking.

If I leave now I could take over Carlas hour at the Blacksmiths shop given I would be 20 minutes late.

That would make me around 2 shillings and tax was sometime tomorrow I wouldn't have to pay for Elliot because he's still underage so tax took away about 2 shillings and the rent was 12 shillings ,but I was 2 months due so that would make it 24 shillings and what I have left from before is around 13 to 12 shillings but what about food and...focus Freya!

"Are you alright?" Elliot comes and pats my shoulder.
For a 12 year old boy he's considerably tall.
I took after my mother so I was around 2-3 inches above the average and Elliot has already reached up to my shoulder.

My baby brother is very handsome.
He has my fathers sea blue eyes that we keep hidden.

Our world is divided into five.
We have three kingdoms that rule most of it.
Separated due to our eye colour, there are the green eyed who live in Opal the kingdom of peace, the blue eyed who live in Asteria the kingdom of trust and there are the brown eyed who live where I do in Caspan the kingdom of loyalty.
Then there are the Risers, those who don't fit into any kingdoms, who were born with a unique eye colour are outcasted into Zenith.
No one has been to Zenith and came back to tell the tale.
Some say it's like a castle with luxury and everything you could ever want.
Others say it's a home to Satan a place where those who commit a terrible crime go to, but all the same Risers are pushed there wether they like it or not.
Then there is the outside, a place that you are free to go to but forbidden to return to any of the three kingdoms once you've left, no one knows why.

Elliot and my father both had blue eyes due to the fact that my father was from Asteria but when he fell in love with my mother he hid his eyes with a herb called verbena which is used to change ones appearance and kept he's eyes black which Elliot how uses.
If anyone found out about him and how he had kept it a secret he would be killed on sight.
Villagers always say how we look nothing alike.
Elliot had dirty blond hair with natural highlights that reached his ears and we both had freckles splattered across our noses.

People normally comment on my hair because it's not very common.

My hair was dark from its roots but silver from top till bottom.
My parents used to believe the reason for my hair was my gift.

I have the gift to control fire and air.

You would've thunk my hair would be beautiful fire red or a maroon , but I got stuck with silver which is weird because air is not white and fire is not white so..I don't really know.

—x—

"You're so boring" Bella complains

"How am I boring if I would rather spend my day in the village trying to keep my brother and I alive than at some festival held for Robert McGlains turning of age ceremony"

Roberts family are middle class which means their rich.
Bella and I went to school with him when my parents were still alive but I dropped out when I couldn't afford it anymore and put Elliot instead so he can get good education and socialize with kids his age.

Bella pouts at me and I groan

"Even if I did want to go I couldn't what am I gonna wear?"
I was never one to worry about my looks and not just because of the fact that I just own a pair of boots ,brown baggy dress that I haven't worn since I was thirteen because it reached mid thigh, and a leather skirt with a poofy white shirt that closed at the sleeves.

"I'll let you borrow my blue dress"

Isabella is a low class like me but she was the highest of the low classes, so high that if it went up a little more she would be considered middle class.

"What? No of course not"
Being best friends doesn't mean I want to take advantage of her.
"Please?? I don't want to go on my own and besides I'll just wear my green dress" she gives me her puppy eyes.

Maybe if I go I'll meet someone who can give me a job?

Or I meet a high or middle class boy who wants to marry me?

I think the first is more likely to happen than the latter.

Covering my face with my hands I agree to go but on one condition.