Chapter One

ANNA'S POV

I walked into class, my curly black hair bouncing around my shoulders. Today was the first day of classes, and I was excited to get started. I looked around and spotted one of my best friends, Shauna, sitting in the second row. Shauna smiled and waved, gesturing for me to come sit next to her. I smiled and waved back, heading in her direction.

Suddenly, the doors to the classroom slammed open. Everyone turned towards the door, wondering who could've slammed them so loudly. 

I turned my head, and immediately my eyes widened. A giant walking turtle with a bulging spiky shell stood in the doorway. He had flowing red hair and literal horns accompanied by big, brown eyes. 

I sat down in my seat next to Shauna, still staring at the stunning turtle walking towards the front of the classroom. 

"Who's that?" I whispered. 

"I don't know," Shauna said, "but I wish I did."

"Is he a student? He looks older." I asked.

"Maybe. I haven't seen him around before, and I'm sure I would have remembered him if I did."

"How could you not?" I said, giggling.

Shauna laughed back, but quickly quieted herself as the Professor began to speak.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Professor Gordon Schwarzenager. Welcome to Clapping 201." 

I turned to Shauna, "Why is this a required course again?"

Shauna shrugged in response. 

"Well, if we have to take this class, I'm glad we can take it together." I said.

"And with him." Shauna smirked, eyeing the turtle sitting at the front of the classroom. 

Just then, the turtle got up from his seat. 

"Oh, of course," Professor Schwarzenager said, "I almost forgot. This is your TA, Bowser." 

"TA?!" I whispered to Shauna.

"That's hot." She said in reply. 

After class, Shauna and I walked home together. 

"So what did you think of the class?" I asked.

"It'll be easy, I took AP Clapping in high school." She shrugged. 

"Really? Why do you have to take it again?" I asked.

"It only gave me credit for Clapping 101, I still have to take 201 for my minor." 

"Oh, that makes sense." 

"But I'm happy it worked out, now I can spend time getting to know our TA." Shauna smirked.

"Shauna!" I exclaimed, "Is that even allowed?"

"Sure it is!" She said, "It's not like he's a Professor." 

"I guess you're right," I said, "I would just be way too shy to ever make a move on him."

"He is pretty intimidating." She said.

"Who is?" A voice called from behind us. It was Julia, one of our roommates. 

"Julia!" I said, "Hey, how was class?" 

"It was good!" She said, "Super interesting."

"What class was it again?" Shauna asked.

"Capitalist Realism and Urbanism in the Global South." Julia answered.