Chapter 2

MARIA'S POV

I woke up to the sunlight peering through the curtains on my window, I stretched and yawned, and looked over to my girlfriend, still sleeping beside me. 

I stared at Izzie, thinking about how lucky I was to have her.

What none of my friends knew, and what I had sworn to never tell them, is that Izzie wasn't just a regular college student. She was a princess, who had been sent to Joe Biden University as part of the Princess Protection Program. All of my friends thought she was just an International student from Canada, but that was far from the truth. Izzie was the Princess of Croatia. 

As I looked at her, Izzie yawned and blinked her eyes, beginning to wake up. She looked at me and smiled. 

"Hi." She mumbled sleepily. 

"Good morning." I said, leaning down to kiss her on the forehead.

Before I could say anything else, we were interrupted by a small black paw reaching under the door.

"Let me in. LET ME INNNNNN!!!" Phineas screamed from the other side of the door.

I groaned and got out of bed, knowing Phineas wouldn't stop screaming until I opened the door.

"What do you want?" I asked, slightly annoyed, looking down at the black cat.

Phineas stared at me, saying nothing.

"Come on, I opened the door, are you going to come in or not?" I sighed.

Phineas stared up at me for a moment, blinking, before finally saying, "Nah." and walking away. 

I groaned, and Izzie laughed, getting out of bed.

"What's for breakfast?" She yawned.

Izzie and I made our way into the kitchen where Liv, Rhealee, and Helena were already sitting at the table. Shauna was at the stove, cooking pancakes.

"Good morning!" Izzie greeted them brightly. 

"I wish," Rhealee moped, "Mr. Bendo still hasn't texted me back." 

"I'm sure he'll come around," Liv said, "He always does." 

Liv was right. Rhealee and Mr. Bendo had started dating last winter, and since then they must have broken up and gotten back together seven or eight times. They fought often, mostly about stupid stuff, but they always made their way back to each other sooner or later. 

"Izzie! I'm glad you're here," Shauna said, plopping a stack of pancakes down on the table, "I wanted to ask you a favor."

"Of course! What is it?" Izzie smiled.

"Well, I was thinking we should have a party, you know, a sort of welcome back thing," Shauna said, "And I was wondering if you could invite Bowser for me."

"Shauna!" Liv said, "Is this just another one of your schemes?" 

"Scheme? I have no idea what you're talking about!" Shauna smirked. 

"She's just using this to try to seduce her TA." Liv said, turning towards Izzie.

"So what if I am?" Shauna said. 

"It's okay," Izzie said, "I can invite Bowser. I don't mind."

"Yay! I was thinking this Friday night. I'll tell people they can start coming over around 9:00." Shauna smiled, cutting into her pancake.