03. 𝙄𝙉𝙃𝙐𝙈𝘼𝙉𝙀

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝘐𝘕𝘏𝘜𝘔𝘈𝘕𝘌°✾°═════════════[ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ, ᴀʏᴇᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ɢʟᴏʀʏ?ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ? ]

°✾°
═════════════
[ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ, ᴀʏᴇ
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ɢʟᴏʀʏ?
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ? ]

GROWL'S OF WALKERS was all Roland could hear as he stayed crouched down following Shane and Otis. They had arrived at the school and left the truck back a bit to not draw noise to the location of it. Shane had instructed Roland on using a 12 gauge shotgun since Roland only had his pistol. And with the stakes so high, Shane wasn't risking losing Roland after a friendship they had created.

Roland's beg/vest was buckled tightly across his chest and snug. A tightness that prevented him from being able to breathe correctly, but he'd done 800-metre dashes for most of his life and could find a way to not pass out. He could make do with what he was dealing with because his brother's life was on the line.

The trio quietly moved behind a police car and stayed down. The mass amount of growls was not giving Roland much hope to there just being a few walkers at the school.

Taking cover behind the next police car, Shane looked at the pair behind him. "Okay, let's take a look." He whispered before the three cautiously peeked over the back of the car. Walkers all shambling around in front of the school. That only answered Roland's worst-case scenario as he cursed under his breath before crouching back down.

"What the hell do we do now?" Roland snapped in a whisper, looking between the men. "You see that big mobile medical trailer across the way?" Otis breathed out, the pair looking over again and raising a brow. "That's where we got to get to?" Shane asked and Otis nodded. "Yeah."

Roland nodded, chuckling quietly. "This shit just has to get harder and harder, huh?" He quipped, looking at Shane who smiled and nodded. "Sure does. Let's just check these cruisers and find something." Shane replied as the pair nodded.

So, Shane moved around to the driver's side door cautiously before popping the door open quietly. Roland wasn't expecting the trunk to open and let out a loud squeak making him wave his hands enthusiastically. Scrunching up his face with the hope that none of the walkers heard anything. But when nothing came he let himself relax when no walkers were drawn their way.

Shane made his way back around to the pair and reached into the trunk. Smiling and chuckling as he pulled out a flare and Roland smiled as well, his hope lifting at the fact that they still had a chance.

After going over the plan, the trio was ready to go. Popping a flare, Roland tossed one before grabbing another and doing it again. Shane and Otis did the same and saw that the large red glow from the sticks was drawing the walkers towards them.