08. 𝙎𝙀𝘾𝙍𝙀𝙏𝙎 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 || 𝘚𝘌𝘊𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘚 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘌 𝘛𝘖 𝘓𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛°✾°═════════════[ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ, ᴀʏᴇᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ɢʟᴏʀʏ?ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ? ]

°✾°
═════════════
[ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ, ᴀʏᴇ
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ɢʟᴏʀʏ?
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ? ]

ROLAND SAT ON a log as he took a bite out of the burger Dale had cooked. Too much in his thoughts to try and have a conversation with anybody. His mind was just too couped up with Beth that it'd been tough for him to act straight.

But that was quickly cut off as the sound of a gate slamming shut got his attention. Lifting his head in the direction of the outburst and seeing Maggie with a pissed off look and Glenn following closely behind her. Walking directly towards Lori who was folding clothes. "Hey!" Maggie called out. "We got your stuff." She told the mom who stopped folding the clothes to turn to the pair. "Maggie, hang on, please." Glenn pleaded in hot pursuit of the woman.

Lori glanced back at Roland who was watching, wanting to know what the whole problem was. "Come on in here," Lori said in a hushed tone, motioning to her tent behind her. "Why? Nothing to hide. We got your special delivery here." Maggie excused as she reached into the bag and began tossing things onto the ground. "We got your lotion, got your conditioner, your soap opera digest." She listed off, continuously sending glares towards Lori.

"Maggie." Lori breathed before not able to get another word out. "Next time you want something, get it your damn self. We're not your errand boys." Maggie seethed. "Honey, I-" Lori was cut off by Maggie reaching down for a blue box that Roland couldn't quite see from where he stood. "And here's your abortion pills."

Roland felt his body tense fully, his breath catching in his throat as he stared at the back of his moms head. Watching as Glenn walked after Maggie, leaving both Grimes alone to either speak or walk away from the talk needing to happen.

Never would he ever expect his mom to give up so easily on anything, especially a child. Usually, Roland was understanding of people's decisions, but this was something he couldn't brush past. He had a sibling developing in his mother's stomach, a sister or brother of his. Of course, he understood that he had no control over his mother's decision, it was her body, but he needed something to brighten his life. Just having Beth would be enough, but if he had something to look forward to like taking care of his baby brother or sister would do it for him. Taking care of Carl was one of Roland's brightest highlights growing up, and living through that again would be amazing for Roland.