Home.

Laila*

I awoke in the smell of smoke. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I pushed the blanket away from myself and rubbed my eyes. I looked around, trying sense the voice of Mama speaking to me. "It's okay, Laila" she said. I could still hear the horrific sounds of screaming and gunshots when suddenly we heard a creak from the top floor. Mama looked and me and signalled me to not make a single noise. I gulped quietly as I hoped we'd be alright.

We heard voices of Israeli soilders hurting an innocent child. The heartless israelis were destroying the life of innocent and vunerable people. Then, the israeli soilders stomped out ,leaving the child ,gasping for help.We were unable to help as the israelis were scanning to kill more innocent palistinians.

As the moon came out, Mama questioned to herself "Where is Mohsin?",her son. I smiled at her as I trembled. 

Mohsin*

I hope Mama is okay. She is already suffering. This was just meant to be. As Muta'alib patted the child to sleep, I whispered " Muta'alib, we must be off. Mama must be getting worried." He nodded his head and turned it back to the child. I mumbled ,"Mama must be in serious trouble or maybe ..." Muta'alib stopped me and said "She will be fine inshallah. Don't Worry." 

*Inshallah means as Allah wills*

I felt the pain of my leg coming back as I tried to put myself back to sleep, hoping Mama would be alright. 

Isha time arrived and I awoke to Muta'alibs voice as he said "Mohsin, HURRY! We leave NOW!"

*Isha is one of the five islamic prayers that is prayed in the night and is the longest*

I got up fast as Muta'alib picked up the sleeping child, carrying him in Muta'alibs cold arms and we thought of HOW we were going to escape. This was going to be a long and scary night.