5-Awkward situations

Suggested by sonflowerboy xlouiskiwi ♥️

Harry wakes up half an hour later and immediately looks for William. He's sitting in Louis's lap with his hand in his hair and is listening intensely to the story Louis is telling.
"And so the prince fell in love with the prince. The end." Louis hurries to finish off the story when he sees that Harry is awake. He hopes that Harry didn't hear the rest of it, where he told William of their summer love.

"Good morning." Harry smiles.

"Good morning." Louis answers and returns the smile.

Harry sits up and yawns.
"So my house doctor is coming today to give you a full health exam."

"Why?" Louis asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"To make sure that you're okay. You know, check your blood pressure, see if you need vitamins, check for STDs." Harry mumbles the last part.

Louis wrinkles his eyebrows and looks irritated.
"Did you say STDs? Why the hell do I need to check if I have that?"

Harry blushes.
"I just wanted to be on the safe side. Make sure you're completely healthy, you know, for your sake. An STD can make you really sick or sterile. Oh God, I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought it was a good idea, considering you've been living on the streets for three years."

Now Louis looks really pissed.
"So just because I'm homeless I have to be a whore?"

Harry's eyes grow wide.
"No! I didn't say that Lou. I'm just trying to look after you."

"Save it Haz. I don't need to be taken care of. I've done just fine by myself. For your information, I've only slept with you so in case you didn't give me a fucking STD I don't need testing." Louis growls.

"You were my first and only." Harry confesses.

They get stuck staring at each other. Louis breaks eye contact first.
"Ehm, here, can you hold William. I really need to take a wee."

Louis hands him the toddler and tries to get out of bed. He manages to stand up. Harry puts William down on the floor and rushes over.
"Please, let me help you."

"I'm not a total invalid Harry." Louis huffs and bats his hand away.

Harry tries to put his arm around him anyway and Louis pulls away. He moves too fast and loses his balance and manages to drag Harry with him. Louis falls on his back and Harry lands on top of him.
"Ooops!" Harry says.

"Uhm, Hi." Louis answers.

Things become really awkward between them. Harry can't take it. This reminds him of the first time they fell like this and said the same thing, except that time they giggled and spent a summer falling in love.

He gets up abruptly and grabs William before he runs off. Louis is still on the floor, wondering how the hell he's gonna get up by himself. Why did Harry just run off without a word? Sure, it was a bit awkward, but so was waking up spooning him this morning but he didn't run away then. Louis sighs. He spends ten minutes trying to get up and somehow he manages. He jumps over to the toilet to finally have a wee.

In the meantime, Harry has entered his bedroom. He hugs William closely and starts to cry. He's not sure why he's so upset. Maybe because life was so easy back then. He met a beautiful boy and fell in love. He picks up a framed picture of his mum. He had his family. He fell in love with a beautiful boy and his family was alive. The ooops hi conversation reminded him of that. 

Harry doesn't come back for the whole day and Louis feels restless. That doesn't mean that he's left alone. Niall brings him breakfast and stays to chat while he eats. 
"So how long have you known Harry?" Louis asks. 

"We met in high school. My family and I moved here the first year from Ireland. I was the new kid with the funny accent but Harry came up to me to welcome me and we have been friends ever since. My family moved back to Ireland just before my last year but I wanted to finish high school here so Harry's family took me in. When they died I couldn't just leave him so I stayed." Niall answers.

"That's so sweet of you. Harry can be lucky to have you as a friend." Louis says with a smile.

Niall gives him a calculating look.
"You're the Louis he met when he was at that summer house when he was fifteen right? He talked a lot about you after that summer."

Louis blushes.  
"He did?"

"Yeah." Niall smirks.

The doctor arrives to examine him. He's malnourished but otherwise healthy. The doctor gives him a list of vitamins he needs and suggestions of nutritious food he should eat. He also brought some crutches. He doesn't mention any STD testing and Louis is relieved.

Liam brings him lunch and he sits down to talk as well.
"So how did you meet Harry?" Louis asks.

"He asked me out on a date." Liam chuckles amused.

Louis swallows the soup too fast and starts to cough.  
"What?"

"Funny story actually. I didn't understand that he asked me out on a date, I just thought he wanted to hang out, you know? Then he brought flowers when he picked me up and I felt embarrassed for not knowing it was a date so I played along. At least until he kissed me. The first guy I ever kissed. The only guy I ever kissed. I had to confess then that it was a misunderstanding from my side but he took it well and started to laugh and we became good friends instead." Liam grins.

Louis isn't amused at all. Harry kissed him! What the fuck!
"When was this?" He growls.

"A year ago." Liam answers, taken back by Louis's anger.

"Wonderful." Louis says sarcastically.

"We're just friends. I'm straight." Liam smiles.

"Harry's not." Louis huffs.

"But he's not in love with me." Liam winks before he leaves.

He knows he has no right to be jealous and he calms down. At least until Zayn enters his room later with dinner. He should have learned by now but when Zayn stays as well he asks how he and Harry met.

Zayn smirks and shrugs his shoulders.
"We hooked up at a party like a year ago."

"You had sex????" Louis screeches. Fuck not being jealous.

"What? No! Just some drunk kissing. No big deal." Zayn answers.

"You're gay?" Louis asks. His blood pressure feels unhealthy.

"No. I guess I'm Pan if you feel the need to label me." Zayn answers calmly.

"Oh, so you and Harry?" Louis asks, worried about the answer.

"Are just friends. There wasn't a spark there, just a drunken kiss. Don't worry."  Zayn answers with a wink.

"I'm not. I mean..." Louis tries to defend himself.

"Sure." Zayn laughs before he leaves.

Louis misses Harry. He hasn't seen him since this morning. Laying in bed all day is boring. When the clock turns eight and there's still no sight of Harry he decides to try out his new crutches to find him. He takes a detour to the bathroom first to freshen up.

He knocks on Harry's bedroom door after that and opens it. Harry is lying in bed with a sleeping William bedside him. Louis jumps up to the bed and sits down.
"You're avoiding me." He whispers.

"Yeah, sorry. That whole ooops hi thing made me think of a time where my family was still alive."  Harry sighs.

Louis gets it.
"I'm sorry. I'll let you rest now. See you tomorrow?" Louis asks.

"Stay." Harry says and bites his lower lip while he moves so Louis can lay down bedside him so he does.

They small talk for a while until they both fall asleep.

What happens next?