13-Family ties

Suggested by Danilynnhaberly thetea13 ♥️

"It is you! Louis! You look sick. Are you okay? What happened to you? You just left. I haven't seen you in three years! Why?"  Lottie says while she walks up to the bed.

Louis and Harry exchange a look.
"I'm okay Lots. Ehm, what did dad tell you guys?" Louis asks carefully.

"That you left because of mum. How could you do that? We were all mourning."Lottie says accusingly.

Harry puts a hand on Louis's shoulder protectively and Lottie gives him a confused look.
"Who are you?"

Louis looks at Harry nervously.
"Harry is my ehm...boyfriend?"

Harry immediately smiles and nods his head and Louis gives him a relieved smile back.
"You're gay?" Lottie asks. She doesn't sound disgusted, only surprised.

"Yeah." Louis breathes out.

Lottie smiles.
"Why didn't you tell me? Wait? Now I recognize you! You're that boy next door from when we went on summer vacation right before mum died!"

"Yep. That's me." Harry chuckles. Then he turns to Louis. "Just tell her Lou."

"Tell me what?" Lottie asks and looks between them.

Louis sighs.
"Lots, I didn't leave because of Mum's death. Dad kicked me out because he found out that I'm gay."

Lottie stares at him in shock. She opens and closes her mouth a couple of times before she gets any words out.
"Our dad did that? You were seventeen Lou! Where did you go?" She asks upset, on the verge of crying.

"Here and there." Louis mumbles and looks down at his hands.

"He's been homeless." Harry says quietly.

Louis gasps and looks at him.
"Harry!"

Lottie starts to cry and comes down to hug Louis and he wraps his arms around her and tries to comfort her.
"I didn't know! I'm so sorry Lou." She wails.

"It's okay Lots." Louis mumbles.

Harry tries to leave to give them some privacy but Louis grabs his arm.
"Stay." He mouths.

Lottie takes a deep breath and collects herself. She lets go of Louis and turns around to face Harry. He looks nervous so she smiles at him and pulls him in for a hug.
"Welcome to the family Harry."

"Thank you." Harry smiles.

They're interrupted by Niall, Liam, and Zayn entering the room. William is also with them and he screams "dadda" and reaches for Harry. Liam brings him to him and Harry hugs him. William looks over his shoulders and Louis smiles at him.
"Dada Lou Lou!" William screeches and makes grabby hands.

"Hi, Boobear." Louis smiles and then he realizes what William just said. "Wait, did he just call me dadda?"

"Uhm, yeah, he started doing that recently." Harry answers with a nervous laugh.

Louis's eyes tear up and he opens his arms. William giggles and hugs him when Harry puts him in Louis's lap.
"I missed you, buddy." Louis says emotionally and kisses his hair.

"I'm really out of the loop here. You're a dad? I'm an aunt?" Lottie questions with a happy smile.

"I..." Louis says, not finding the words. He's too overwhelmed.

"I hope so." Harry says and Louis smiles brighter than the sun.

"I love this! I'm so happy!" Niall suddenly wails and wipes his eyes.

A doctor comes inside to do a check-up. They leave and sit down in the waiting room. Lottie sits next to Harry and William.
"There's so much to process. I can't believe our dad would do that. I wish I had known all along. It breaks my heart to think that Louis has been living on the streets." Lottie says.

"Same, but he's not homeless anymore. He'll always have a home from now on." Harry promises.

Lottie hugs him. The doctor enters.
"We'll keep him for one more night and then he can go home if he stays on bed rest for a week."

"Of course!" Harry immediately agrees.

Harry turns to Lottie.
"Where do you stay?"

"I don't know. I just drove here first thing when I got the call." Lottie admits.

"You're always welcome to stay at my house." Harry offers.

"Thanks, Harry. I'm glad that Louis has you in his life. Uhm, I would like to stay here tonight if that's okay. I want to catch up with Louis." Lottie says.

"Of course! Yeah, you should do that. Louis has really missed you." Harry answers.

They walk inside Louis's patient room to say goodbye. Louis looks insecure when Harry tells him that he's gonna go home so he leans into whispers in his ear.
"I'll be back first thing tomorrow. I love you Louis and I'm never letting you go again. I'm not going anywhere love."

"I love you too." Louis breathes out looking relieved.

Harry understands that he has to work hard to earn Louis's trust again and make him feel safe. Louis has been rejected by the one person that's supposed to love him unconditionally, his father. He makes a silent promise then and there to always make sure that Louis feels loved and safe and wanted by him. By accusing him of stealing his parent's wedding rings he broke him and he's gonna make it up to him and never doubt him again.

Lottie sits down in a chair next to the hospital bed as soon as everyone else leaves. She looks at her brother.
"I love you. I'm so sorry for everything you had to go through. I don't know how to feel about our dad. I'm so disappointed in him."

"Don't hate him Lots. I don't." Louis says.

"You don't?" Lottie asks dumb-founded.

"No. I pity him for being so close-minded. I don't know if I could ever forgive him, but I don't hate him. Hate consumes you and makes you unhappy. He's a good dad to you and the girls." Louis answers.

"Mum would have been furious. She would have never excepted that he disowned you. She would have kicked him out instead." Lottie argues upset.

"Yeah." Louis sighs.

They spend the rest of the evening talking and Louis asks her to tell him everything about her life and his other sister's life. He has missed them all so much. They fall asleep at last. Louis is happier than he has been in years. Seeing Lottie again is wonderful, Harry loves him and William calls him dadda. He's scared that it will all be taken away from him again. He was the one who told Harry that happiness is everything but when it's taken from you it's like a punch in the stomach that knocks out all of the air from your lungs. He can't go through that again.

What happens next?