Prologue

"You can't win against me in a game of tag Kristine. Just give up."

My eyes darted left and right, scanning my surroundings for a potential hiding place, my brain running at full capacity. My vision was blurry as I felt the exhaustion creeping on to me.

Damn it! Not yet. I can still do this. I'm gonna survive no matter what it takes. I looked back and saw that the demon was closing on to me without a hint of exhaustion on his face. My whole body felt like it was burning. This whole demon fiasco is really taking a huge toll on me.

His face is so freaking ugly! I can't believe that this is the last face that I will see before death.

I smirked as I found a big rock beneath the swamp of trees in the forest. Target locked. All I have to do now is distract him. I heaved a deep sigh as I focused my mind on creating a plan to distract the demon.

Calm down, Kristine.

Observe.

Analyze.

Think.

What would be the next course of action?

Relax. Relax. This is only a game of chess. I'm sure I can win this.

I swerved to the right, running towards the big trees, attempting to climb them. I groaned in pain, when I fell from the tree, gaining his attention immediately. I saw the demon smirk from my peripheral view. My brows furrowed into a frown, as I stood up and continue to run deep into the forest. My body fell to the ground as I reached a dead end.

Shit! I have nowhere to run now!

Is what he thinks I must be thinking. Pftt-! Don't make me laugh! There's no way in hell I'm giving up this early. I smirked inwardly, carefully moving so he won't notice my plan. Just keep smiling Lewis cause you won't be able to do that when I send you to hell.

I knelt on the ground, acting like I was feeling hopeless about the situation. My heavy pants echoed through the whole forest, accompanied by the heavy footsteps of the demon chasing me.

"I expected a lot from you, Kristine. I'm quite disappointed that this is how you will end." I gritted my teeth, suppressing the urge to blow his brains up.

"Now, what is your next move?" His sharp claws caressed my face, sending shivers down my spine.

I remained kneeling on the ground, my eyes glued to the dirty soil. "How should I end you my dear?", he said with a triumphant smile on his face. His claws were aiming to kill me.

I looked at him dead in the eyes and jumped to his shoulder. I hauled my gun towards him, dodging his attacks.

"Fuck you, Archduke Lewis!"

I laughed maniacally as I rained bullets down on him. As I expected, he recovered quickly from the shock and immediately caught the bullets in his hands.

 As I expected, he recovered quickly from the shock and immediately caught the bullets in his hands

In Another Life || TPNOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara